• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should i do with my ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bpower1

from what i understand my NB frequency on my DDR2 ram should be twice as much as my DRAM frequency, however that is not the case my dram is at about 400mhz and my NB is at 2,000mhz, so i was wondering two things, is my ram any good, and do i need to change some settings in my bios to get it to the 2:1 ratio?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 74
Without knowing anything about your system, but assuming you have DDR2-800 installed w/ an AMD CPU, the current FSB : DRAM ratio of 1:2 is correct resulting in a DRAM frequency of 400MHz (400MHz x 2 = DDR2-800 effective) at a default ref clock of 200MHz. The value in the NB Frequency field of CPU-Z is the result of a 200MHz ref clock x 10 CPU-NB frequency multiplier. So if you want to lower the NB frequency, you need to lower the CPU-NB frequency multiplier from the current x10.

Back