• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+12V Low :-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjsk8r85

this may sound like a dumb subject, but i was looking at my voltages on my board (an asus, not sure what model) i noticed that my +12V is only running at 9.44V, how can i change this? what causes this? will it harm any of my hardware?

That's not good, assuming it is correct. I'd be inclined to verify that reading with a voltmeter before I ordered its replacement.

Hoot

jjsk8r85 said:
this may sound like a dumb subject, but i was looking at my voltages on my board (an asus, not sure what model) i noticed that my +12V is only running at 9.44V, how can i change this? what causes this? will it harm any of my hardware?

To check this, use a voltmeter on the yellow and black pair of wired on your molex connectors. If the reading verifies that you are actually at 9.44 Volts, then your going to want to get a new PSU as soon as possible.

thank you all for your replies, i checked it with a voltmeter and it is at 12.01 volts, which is normal, my next question would be why would my chip report that to be 9.44?

It's probably the sensor in the mobo. It's really nothing to worry about. There is a lot of hardware out there with a lot of poor sensors in it. Especially if your mobo is an older model, it is very likely to be not functioning perfectly well.

Back