• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guild Wars 2 Pre Order is live...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol i guess some people havent been following gw2s progress. its a totally different game than gw1. open world and more like a standard mmo except nothing like a standard mmo. anet with a budget....goooooodnight!

Had the first one, been a while since I played it but really did enjoy it. For the budget minded an MMO with no monthly fee, yup this is where its at. Pre-Ordered... man its going to be a busy year with games among all the other things I have to do.

MMO-Lite. Best way to describe it. You do have the option to buy stuff in their store......but EVERYTHING can be accessed playing normally. Buying things were just shortcuts really. Nothing that gives you an advantage over others. PVP is very skill/team based.

I played GW for about a year with a college roommate then I moved onto WoW (and played that for about 4-5 years). Debating picking this up, if I can get some buddies of mine to grab it I will think about it. At least from what I understand it is more open-world and not separate instances.

Tempted but must resist, following Dave Ramsey total money makeover plan.

The only way I will be getting this is *if* I can get my friends on board, which is highly unlikely. Everyone I know is waiting for DIII or playing SWTOR.

beta weekend even for all that pre ordered confirmed for apr 27-29 :O

The only way I will be getting this is *if* I can get my friends on board, which is highly unlikely. Everyone I know is waiting for DIII or playing SWTOR.

That was main reason why I was playing GW ... I mean I had some friends who wanted to play online without monthly fee and it was only game like that on market.
Other things are that ncsoft games in most cases mean lags and lot of bots that you almost haven't seen in GW ( there was just no point of bots or item/currency sellers ).
I'm just not sure what to expect from GW2. I don't really like some changes and sorry but we have 2012 and graphics looks like in 3-4 year games, simply bad.
Probably will try GW2 anyway.

I also noticed that many players left SWTOR and there is now free week for all who left or free month for all who reactivate their accounts. I'm not counting that SWTOR will live long if they won't change it to more mmo or just more action. For now it looks like single player with cooperative.

beta weekend even for all that pre ordered confirmed for apr 27-29 :O

So is it safe to assume that GW2 will be on store shelves on the 30th? Seeing as the pre order gives you 3 days of access before the game is out.

Can't believe one guy in this thread thinks the graphics look 3 or 4 yrs old, he must have a lousy video card (incapable of 4 x AA and 16X AF @ 1920 x 1080 or better).

No mmo out will be able to match the graphic capabilities of gw2.

I would think not because its says beta and not early access what was offered with preorder and its the first beta weekend according to the annoucement which leads me to believe that there will be more. However I believe there is no official annoucement.

yeah its just an open beta weekend. still no official date set. i couldnt even tell you but my best guess would be release is in 3mo min and 9mo max. thats just a guess. but open beta weekends in the mean time :D

Back