• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone know where i can get one of these to AUS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dimensions: 28.5 x 28.5 x 0.5 mm

It can't be that hard to find a metals supplier, can it? Just cut your own to size out of a .5mm sheet you order. Use the shim to trace the outline.
Once you cut it, lay it on a hard surface, cover with the blade of a putty knife to prevent dents, and lightly (patiently) tap it flat with a hammer.
In no time it would be as flat as English beer.
Just a thought.

It can't be that hard to find a metals supplier, can it? Just cut your own to size out of a .5mm sheet you order. Use the shim to trace the outline.
Once you cut it, lay it on a hard surface, cover with the blade of a putty knife to prevent dents, and lightly (patiently) tap it flat with a hammer.
Just a thought.

^This.

Sure someone can make one for you.

Just a thought.

that sounds quite doable actually. i cant say the cut would be particularly good.. the only stuff i think i have for cutting metal are like, metal clippers things. as for flattening it, i could also smooth it by just lapping it couldnt i?

Yes, you might have to start with slightly thicker material depending on how much you lap, but a light go-'round with some fine grit paper is a good idea to make sure contact is good.

Very nice of Convicted1 to offer! :thup:

my dad had an old 1mm thick sheet of copper in the roof, so i cut a square out and gave it a quick lap and here it is :D

MeWlv.jpg.png
5buPY.jpg.png
oav65.jpg.png
pT6X2.jpg.png

not perfect, but it'll do (its pretty close to 28.5 x 28.5 x 0.5). thanks guys

Sweet! Happy you got a free solution!

Thanks for the follow-up with pics. :thup:

Just a thought.

That is just awesome :rofl::rofl:

@op, doesn't it make you feel better that you custom made your own instead of buying it. I love doing that. Any time I get the opportunity to build something that I could buy I jump right on it. The reward is so much better! Good job it looks great.

Modz

Back