• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Holy CUDA'S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adams1029

Not really any helped needed but I was reading the sticky that the Nvidia's were beasts. I just built my new computer and got two 570's and my goodness they are insane. Thinking about putting one in my FT seti. That is all. :)

Stop wasting those cudas on Seti, put them on Primegrid or DistrRTgen and see your production skyrocket. Ati cards on Collatz Conjecture or MilkyWay@home. Those projects are truely optimized for gpu crunching

Stop wasting those cudas on Seti, put them on Primegrid or DistrRTgen and see your production skyrocket. Ati cards on Collatz Conjecture or MilkyWay@home. Those projects are truely optimized for gpu crunching

Or come show your love and support for OverClockers.com over on the Fold@home team for the Chimp Challenge. It's only 10 or 11 days out of your Seti crunching and i know for a fact that when my Rosetta team asks them for help they come running and these guys have some Big Time Heavy Hitters.

I am proud to be a member on these forums so I will give it everything I got to make my felow folders look good too.

A 2600K with 2 GTX 570's would be an awsome folder and to help would really be appreciated.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706415

To show our efforts noticed.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706501

Last edited:
Or you guys could come help us take back our #5 spot in the world RAC ranking by bringing those heavy hitters over to the SETI team.

What im saying is keep your cpus on Seti but change your gpus to these projects because last time I check we sucked real bad on total boinc credits #71 n the world! These projects will make your graphic cards crunch as they should, your total boinc production will skyrocket overnight.

Or you guys could come help us take back our #5 spot in the world RAC ranking by bringing those heavy hitters over to the SETI team.

I did crunch a million+ credits for you guys, but I don't have a GPU to crunch with, atm. If you look at your team list, you'll see several names of folders on it, with more than a paltry few points.

Looking at the F@Home team list, you will NOT see several SETI names of crunchers who have more than a paltry few points.

Why is that? Because we've asked repeatedly year after year, for help in the Chimp Challenge race, and shown a generous reciprocity for help received. Also, the folding client is now, much easier than ever before. Not as well behaved as BOINC, but getting there. The folding client now includes a GUI interface, windows installer, and automatic set up of your cpu and gpu's (some drivers are still troublesome though).

I recall spending 12 hours + getting two rigs set up with Linux, to fold in a SETI Gauntlet. I was hoping you could at least try and return the favor.

A short intense rally is good for passing a well-chosen team, but it's not very helpful for long term goals like world RAC ranking. After 10 days or so, the rally must end as the folders go back to their folding, and your RAC will simply go back where it was. There would be no gain that I can see.

Are we competing on total BOINC credits? I've seen the list, but didn't know it was anything we cared about. :shrug:

Last edited:
What im saying is keep your cpus on Seti but change your gpus to these projects because last time I check we sucked real bad on total boinc credits #71 n the world! These projects will make your graphic cards crunch as they should, your total boinc production will skyrocket overnight.

Please do tell Me(us) more about this "total bionic credit" I would like to learn more about this.

The BOINC combined team stats are here:
http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_stats.php?pr=bo&st=0

and if you click on the little black people icon on the far right of any team, you can see the combined BOINC stats for everyone on the team.

The problem with competing in this area is just what Sir_Loin has mentioned - some projects give better yield from your PC, than other projects. That means that people looking to compete there, will naturally move to the higher yielding projects REGARDLESS OF THEIR VALUE to mankind.

Which is a REAL stretch, surely.

Back