• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does it make sense to game with an eyepatch?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oqnx

Registered
So I was playing skyrim today and I was thinking about how even though people in the game occupy almost exactly as much of my field (more or less depending on how im sitting) as people do in real life (approximating distance from camera to person), they all look so small. I figured this had to do with depth perception and hypothesized that if I shut one eye, I would experience a greater sense of scale. Low and behold, when I shut one of my eyes, whether as a consequence of placebo effect or shoddy sense of size and distance to begin with, everything in skyrim seemed so much bigger.

So I pose the question, does anyone else feel similarly about shutting one eye during gaming? Would it make sense to game with an eyepatch? Would it even be safe?

Its the reason pirates were such great swashbucklers...

In short, no. I would feel like it would actually make the experience worse, I use my peripherals quite a bit while gaming.

Trying it out it kinda seems like things are wider.. but it seems fake and fraught with tradeoffs, like not being able to quickly grab focus of images on opposite sides of the monitor.

And pirates wore an eyepatch so their night vision was awesome. :)

Trying it out it kinda seems like things are wider.. but it seems fake and fraught with tradeoffs, like not being able to quickly grab focus of images on opposite sides of the monitor.

And pirates wore an eyepatch so their night vision was awesome. :)

Thats why i wear my eyepatch too!

Back