• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Running 7 HDTVs from one machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those will allow for 3 independent displays, or 4 max in eyefinity.

Are you sure? It says right on that page, "Drive up to 5 monitors simultaneously in multiple desktop modes." You can do 4 with DVI and 1 with Displayport. (at least that is what it looks like to me)

Are you sure? It says right on that page, "Drive up to 5 monitors simultaneously in multiple desktop modes." You can do 4 with DVI and 1 with Displayport. (at least that is what it looks like to me)

Yeah I noticed that as well I'm getting mixed messages here. Since it also says:

Compliant with next-generation DirectX® 11, ATI Eyefinity Technology with DisplayPort connectivity, enables a single card to support up to three independent display outputs simultaneously.

I don't know what to believe :shrug:

I think when it mentions simultaneous output that means that all displays may not have independent output. Meaning that the max amount of displays it can have is 5 even if they share the same input.

If this is still an active thread, I contacted Saphire about their HD7770, and they said it can handle 3 monitors, in extended desktop mode; not spanned or Eyefinity. AMD support replied that theirs handles only 2. Another thing to note is the max res. My question to both OEMs was actually how many 1920x1200 monitors in extended desktop mode could I run, simultaneously. Saphire said the max res output was 5670X1200, which is just shy of 3x1920x1200, but it would work for my 3 monitors. I'm currently using a HIS HD5770 for 3x1920x1200, and I get occasional display issues. In theory, on a PCIE3 MoBo, you could put 3 HD7770s and power up to 9, but I expect you'd experience some display issues, and I'm certain you'd log GPU/CPU resource errors.

*on a side note, if anyone knows of a card that's better suited to 3+ extended desktop displays (at 1920x1200), for less that $1000, please let me know.

Back