• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unorthodox Lian-Li Case Mod; preferably liquid cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neur0tic

Registered
I have a Lian-Li PC-A7110 case...

Lian-LiCase.jpg

Korea0926.jpg

img1704g.jpg

CurrentSystem.jpg

for anyone familiar, its one of the best cases made in the world today.

I emailed FrozenCPU to see if they had a mod kit to prevent having to buy one of their overpriced modified Lian-Li FrozenCPU cases... to no avail

Does anyone have any ideas of modifications that could benefit my PC-A7110?

Nothing flashy... I have always gone with Lian-Li for their contemporary/non-flashy designs

Maybe a liquid cooling kit or something?

If anyone knows of ANYTHING I can do to better this case (if possible)... please let me know

Lian-Li cases are timeless. They are beautiful now and will be for years to come. If you like the simplistic beauty then do not mess with it.
Liquid cooling does not really involve any case modifications (unless you're trying to integrate the radiator into the case). By case modification are you meaning a window kit, or something similar?

Lian-Li cases are timeless. They are beautiful now and will be for years to come. If you like the simplistic beauty then do not mess with it.
Liquid cooling does not really involve any case modifications (unless you're trying to integrate the radiator into the case). By case modification are you meaning a window kit, or something similar?

No, I agree... the less invasive the the best; something that will fit nicely INSIDe the case for extra cooling, thats all

lian li

I have a Lian-Li PC-A7110 case...

Lian-LiCase.jpg

Korea0926.jpg

img1704g.jpg

CurrentSystem.jpg

for anyone familiar, its one of the best cases made in the world today.

I emailed FrozenCPU to see if they had a mod kit to prevent having to buy one of their overpriced modified Lian-Li FrozenCPU cases... to no avail

Does anyone have any ideas of modifications that could benefit my PC-A7110?

Nothing flashy... I have always gone with Lian-Li for their contemporary/non-flashy designs

Maybe a liquid cooling kit or something?

If anyone knows of ANYTHING I can do to better this case (if possible)... please let me know

I recently did my case which is really similar to that case. Lian li's are really nice for modding but you gotta get your hands dirty. I had to port the top of the case for the radiator and remove the top harddrive cage in the back top of the case. Just hit me up and I think i have pics of how i did it.

The nice thing about modding Lian Li's is a Dremel goes through the aluminum like butter! It's much more work cutting through steel.

However every time I've cut the outside of a Lian Li (for a window), I've regretted it. They are so precisely made they look great as they are.

I'd only cut away parts on the inside to free up room for a radiator or increase airflow. It looks like you could fit a 2x120mm radiator in there! Either next to the hard drives or at the top of the case and move the PSU to the bottom.

Internally, that looks a lot like my lian Li a70f, I put a 120.4 in the top and a 140.2 in the front. I pulled the front hdd cage and popped the top off to cut out the mount for the radiator, and if I wanted, I could buy a new top and have it completely unmodded again.

Oh wow I necro'd a thread :( guess this subforum doesn't see much action

Here is a pic of my Lian Li Test case...triple 420 up front with modified cage and 240 on top. Accoustic lined to keep the beast quiet. Maybe these pics will give you an idea.

Front opened up for rad and cage removed/modified
geds.jpg

Currently testing with this case
p06t.jpg

Back