• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need info about constructing first cpu loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bojan2801

Hi, I'm new at this forum, and sorry for my bad English.
I'm studing last half year about wc (for making my first wc loop).
I have some questions about a couple of parts, if someone will help me.
I want to make cpu loop with quality parts because I'm not going to change it very often.
Well in forums I learned that for single cpu loop best solution is low flow restriction cpu block
and not so strong pump.
My question is can I use high flow block for single cpu wc block (something like EK-Supreme HF Acetal+EN Nickel),
and stronger pump (swiftech MCP655 or some other sugestion are welcome), because sometime in the future I'll expand loop with vga and maybe other wc blocks? :thup:

Hi, I'm new at this forum, and sorry for my bad English.
I'm studing last half year about wc (for making my first wc loop).
I have some questions about a couple of parts, if someone will help me.
I want to make cpu loop with quality parts because I'm not going to change it very often.
Well in forums I learned that for single cpu loop best solution is low flow restriction cpu block
and not so strong pump.
My question is can I use high flow block for single cpu wc block (something like EK-Supreme HF Acetal+EN Nickel),
and stronger pump (swiftech MCP655 or some other sugestion are welcome), because sometime in the future I'll expand loop with vga and maybe other wc blocks? :thup:

Most CPU Blocks arn't as high flow as people think they are. Yes you can use a EK Supreme as they are one of the premium blocks out there with a nice D5/MCP35x which are quality and stong pumps.

Most CPU Blocks arn't as high flow as people think they are. Yes you can use a EK Supreme as they are one of the premium blocks out there with a nice D5/MCP35x which are quality and stong pumps.

Hi. So you claim that there won't be any problems when I install high flow cpu water block and stronger pump on single CPU loop!

Youe english is fine, no worries there, glad your here.

Flow rate through the block is what matters. Not anything else. You use a too low pressure/LPH pump, your flow rate will suffer. Higher than 1.5 GPM a minute really doesn't help. Your choice for blocks and pumps is perfectly fine.

Please find all sorts of good info in our stickies up top.

the MCP655 is variable speed, so you can turn it down for just the cpu loop (mayb 2 or 3; but i don't know as I don't own one), and then later you can turn it up to 4 or 5 when you have the full loop in place. I went with the much smaller MCP350 and a XSPC top with my loop; seems fine.

The 655 is only variable speeds IF you pay the extra premium for the Vario model. The base pump is on speed setting 4 all the time and not adjustable :D

Thanks guys, you helped me a lot. I've read all stickies and they were very helpful.
Thanks for now, I'll have more some questions but later.
Bye

Back