• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI vs ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnny_21

I'm planning on building a new system with an Ivy Bridge CPU, and I'm tossing up between the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB WIFI and the ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE.

Both boards are around the same price so that's not something I'm factoring in and they have really similar features so I'm finding it hard to pick one.

Does anyone have any reasons why I should pick one over the other? I have an ASUS mobo in my current PC and a Gigabyte one in my previous PC, both of which haven't given me any trouble. From what I've read it seems ASUS is more popular for some reason.

What does everyone think?

I'm considering either these 2 boards or the Asus Sabertooth Z77. It looks like the Deluxe has more features, but I kind of like the cooling system on the Sabertooth.

^P8Z77-V

The only thing truly "TUF" about the Saber is that it comes with a 5 year warranty...but this is 5 years of poor customer service...P8Z77-V has more options ...idk which PRO or Deluxe is better value...or maybe ASRock's Z77s but I really don't see any value in the Saber other than clever marketing IMO

What is the importance of ASUS T-bolt expansion slot? Will the other Z77 board be lacking in the future if there isn't a T-bolt expansion?

I like both brands, but I'm leaning towards the ASUS because it had better benchmarks than other z77 boards in SSD testing and I'm running a pair of SSD's in Raid0. I was impressed in Legitreviews when Gigabyte's EasyTune got their CPU within 100Mhz of its maximum stable clock. I don't think the ASUS board is $100 better than the Gigabyte board, but I'm water cooling the CPU and running a RAID0 so swapping out the MB once I have this PC together is not going to be an option. So I'll probably buy the ASUS board.

Back