• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know what size & kind of screws to mount a 80mm panaflo fan with?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tacos

I need to know what type of screws and size to mount a 80mm panaflo fan to my case?

I need 8 screws and nuts (or whatever holds it together). I was fixing to go to my local hardware store but, figured I would post here first because someone usually always knows the answers:) .
I have a 80 mm panaflo fan with a gold guard that also needs mounted. Thanks

I think it depends on the fan. I would take the fan to the hardware store with you and try screws until you find one that fits.

Anyone else have a suggestion? I got the fan from directron.com

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Does anyone know what size & kind of screws to mount a 80mm panaflo fan with?

Some guy told me 7/16 lag screws. I don't even think they make that size. I know one thing for sure they are not what I need. I have a standard cut out for a 80mm fan. I have a 80mm panaflo fan and gold guard. I need to mount this. So if you ever did this procedure and know what size and type screws are needed please let me know.

My local hardware store didn't carry any lag screw larger than 5/16. I don't think that is the screw that I need but, thanks for the advise. Anyone else got any idea I'm stuck with a fan with no screws.

Umm, did you try one of these:
bolt.jpg

You can probably find them around the house...

all they are is self tapping screws...you may be able to get some at Lowes, or Home Depot..any major home improvment store...Ive never seen them there...but ive never looked either, I get mine from a computer store up the street, 4 for 25 cents.
[edit: infact, the 80mm fans I buy come with them, good luck on the Mods!..keep us posted and give us some pics if ya can.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70572
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67152
here are some links to my case mod threads...I have fans and all sorts of stuff...

Back