• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming laptop for under 1k?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike521

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on a gaming laptop for myself. I'm not very particular about high resolutions, and I don't necessarily need the most brilliant graphics. Just looking for something that can handle portal 2 or thereabouts, maybe battlefield 3 but doesn't need highest graphics settings.

I dug around here a bit on some older threads but most people are willing to spend a lot more than me, didn't see anyone looking in the same price range

I also looked on cnet but I trust the experts at overclockers more than them, you guys have never steered me wrong

I'm not against getting a refurb if that's not a bad idea, what are the thoughts on that? My experience with laptops is that they sort of turn to **** after about 3 years, so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to get one that already has some miles on it

Anyway, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Watch Slickdeals, or uPromise, or ShopDiscover. Dell and HP seem to be clearing out SB models recently. There was a quad core 8GB 1080p 15.6" for under $1000 a couple weeks ago.

If you want something truly portable, take a look at the m11x series. Awesome machine for its size, and well designed hardware wise (great fitting of hardware for the screen size/rez and formfactor). Plus it's under 5lbs. Buddy of mine has one and wouldn't trade it for the world.

thanks! I'll check out those suggestions, glad to see there are some decent choices!

Back