• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge Name Change Required?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which of these options would you prefer in the Chimp Challenge Race?

• Require a folding name change to be in the race.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Keep your regular folding name, while you race.

Votes: 26 96.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adak

For the Chimp Challenge Race, would you rather:

A) Be required to change your folding name to be entered into the race?

or

B) Be allowed to keep folding with your own regular folding name, but still be in the race?

Yes, I'm supporting a change to the B option, if possible. :cool:

B is far simplier for those who have farms.

I'm on WCG duty right now so for me personally it makes no difference.

Speaking of the Chimp Challenge, I guess I will need to start setting up the systems to run F@H again. I guess I will be starting a thread very soon on what will maximize my points production while folding with the systems in my sig.

B for me. Long as I can keep everyone from forgetting to turn folding clients back on I'll quadruple my normal PPD during the challenge, so I'd rather all those points be credited to me rather than an account I'll only use for a week.

The CC Captains are *still* deciding. Some of the captains are very slow to vote. It appears it will be required, unfortunately.

The CC Captains are *still* deciding. Some of the captains are very slow to vote. It appears it will be required, unfortunately.

Well, do we change our names, get a new passkey, and do we join a separate team dedicated to the CC for this year, or just keep in our current team?

Well, do we change our names, get a new passkey, and do we join a separate team dedicated to the CC for this year, or just keep in our current team?

Not sure yet. See the snail in the CC thread I posted? :p

You never join a separate team, however. Maybe a separate folding name and passkey though.

That's up to the CC Captains, which I was trying to assist. There's little you can do however, since they don't have the organizational structure to get things done. No race director means nobody has the authority to do anything, without getting the consensus of the group, which may mean polls and emails to their team, etc.

If you have already qualified the T32monkeys user name with your passkey, there is no need to change passkeys. If you haven't the first 10 smp WUs you turn in as T32monkeys will not recieve a bonus. You can either prequalify T32monkeys by switching the name early, or use the T32monkeys passkey.

That's how it has worked.

Looking at stats under my passkey I find I've contributed 6,736,415 points to T32monkeys.

May I refer you to the pic of the snail, in the CC thread? Yeah, that's sadly the speed CC decisions are made at.

We'll have some passkeys to pm to teammates. Because they can be "disabled", it's important to not post them in the open (forum, facebook, twitter, etc.).

Your own passkey can be used, but it will need to be qualified for the bonus points, if it hasn't been done yet ( by folding 10 smp wu's, at 80% success rate or above). Having it qualified for the bonus under YOUR name is not sufficient, if the race name is different. It has to be re-qualified again, any time you change to a new folding name.

Typically, this is done the week before the race starts. It appears the race will start on the 15th, but the final approval for that is pending.

Back