• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill TridentX F3-2666C11D-8GTXD DDR3-2666 Preview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol, I don't think my computer even uses 4GB of my 16GB so not so much for that, more the fact that when you see 16GB reported when you start up the computer it makes you feel happy ;)

As for the wallet, yeah...... Thats why I'm running 16GB :-/

Whew, now I can post some of this stuff! A couple results were featured in our Ivy Bridge review today, but these are a couple quick RAM results. I've had very little time with the kit on a Z77 motherboard (about 30 minutes on a just-installed Maximus V GENE), but this kit is looking killer.

How about rated timings, rated vDIMM (1.65V)....and DDR3-2800 stable by just changing the divider. Sound good? Sounded good to me too.

tridentx-2800-stock-vdimm-sp32m-stable.jpg

Not enough you say? Let's have a very minor bump in vDIMM to 1.67V. It's not stable by any stretch, but I only had a few minutes to play and came up with DDR3-2900 with rated timings.

tridentx-sp1m-2900-1.67vdimm.jpg

It looks like the only thing holding them back is time! I've got to do the actual review work in the mean time but will post any additional results as they come in the next week or two. :D

Any idea when the 8GB DDR3 2800 kits will be available?

Whew, now I can post some of this stuff! A couple results were featured in our Ivy Bridge review today, but these are a couple quick RAM results. I've had very little time with the kit on a Z77 motherboard (about 30 minutes on a just-installed Maximus V GENE), but this kit is looking killer.

How about rated timings, rated vDIMM (1.65V)....and DDR3-2800 stable by just changing the divider. Sound good? Sounded good to me too.

tridentx-2800-stock-vdimm-sp32m-stable.jpg

Not enough you say? Let's have a very minor bump in vDIMM to 1.67V. It's not stable by any stretch, but I only had a few minutes to play and came up with DDR3-2900 with rated timings.

tridentx-sp1m-2900-1.67vdimm.jpg

It looks like the only thing holding them back is time! I've got to do the actual review work in the mean time but will post any additional results as they come in the next week or two. :D

Just saw this. Thank you. Think i'm going to order some

No, that's a good question. This kit does 2800 at rated voltage and timings though. :)

Just for clarity - that's SP32M stable. I haven't actually tested stability at that speed; only run SP32M.

Back