• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill TridentX F3-2666C11D-8GTXD DDR3-2666 Preview

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hokiealumnus

Water Cooled Moderator
I got these a week ago and was barred from showing them. They're darn beautiful sticks and it was very hard to resist, but now G.Skill has given their blessing to share their new TridentX memory!

As usual, their high-end memory doesn't come in a flashy box. If you see a plain cardboard box from G.Skill, it means good things are enclosed (along with a fan).

gskill-ddr3-2666-01.jpg

The important part on these nondescript boxes is the sticker!

gskill-ddr3-2666-03.jpg

Now a couple photos of their new memory and we'll be done. Results will have to wait until after Ivy Bridge launches (no, I can't say when that is), with the full review to come a short while after the Ivy launch.

gskill-ddr3-2666-08.jpg

gskill-ddr3-2666-10.jpg

gskill-ddr3-2666-13.jpg

That's it for now. Can't wait to get into these sticks and see how far they go! :thup:

nice. I think they look as good as they should perform.

I at first only saw the 4x4 kits, $$ :eek: $$

Last edited:
$200 for 8GB 2666 isn't that bad ... maybe not cheap but it's not tragedy :)

$200 for 8GB 2666 isn't that bad ... maybe not cheap but it's not tragedy :)

$200 isn't too bad. When i first looked, only the $400 sets came up, and after browsing sub $50 sets the number startled me.
I have always been a cheapskate as far as hardware goes. On tv they always have the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other.
I have a cheapskate on one shoulder and IMOG on the other shoulder telling me to get stuff. Matt has a bullhorn lately.......

$200 isn't too bad. When i first looked, only the $400 sets came up, and after browsing sub $50 sets the number startled me.
I have always been a cheapskate as far as hardware goes. On tv they always have the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other.
I have a cheapskate on one shoulder and IMOG on the other shoulder telling me to get stuff. Matt has a bullhorn lately.......

You need to buy some.

Back