Thread: +1 thinkgeek

10 Year Badge

+1 thinkgeek

Don't know how many of you shop there, but they do a good job on the CS side. Have a LAN here over the weekend, so I decided to donate a 24 pack of Bawls (college campus, real beer isn't allowed where minors may be present, have to make do with G33k B33r). Ordered it through TG since I had some geek points I also wanted to spend. But I ended up ordering it last Friday (the 6th) so it would get here on time without having to spend $20-$30 more on faster shipping.

So everything is going well, tracking is showing it's supposed to get here Thursday the 12th, all that. But it simply stopped Wednesday night, somewhere in a warehouse in Massachusetts. Over the weekend I email UPS with all the info I could provide asking about it and get a response Monday afternoon saying they would prefer the sender contact them to start an investigation.

I waited until Tuesday morning (today) and opened a live chat with Thinkgeek. Was waiting maybe 15 seconds at most. I said that my package had simply "stopped" and that UPS had told me to contact them. After a minute or two, while explaining that I needed it by the weekend, he agreed to send a new case with 2-day shipping and issue a recall with UPS, saying that it was odd that the package hadn't moved in almost a week.
    Main: MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 CPU: i7 6700k w/ Scythe Ninja 4 and 2x Noctua NF-F12s, RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz , GFX: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0, PSU: Seasonic X-850, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 256gb Samsung SM951, WD 4TB Black
    Audio - DAC: Modi 2 Multibit - Amps: Magni 2, Yamaha R-S202BL - Headphones: Hifiman HE400i, Beyerdynamic Dt990 & Dt770, Phillips SHP9500 - Speakers: Klipsch KB-15, Monoprice 8248
    Laptop: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 044 config

Project 1UP
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

Bravo to them. They do have some cool things, but a lot of it seems like the hot topic of the geek world. Never had an issue with shipping or delays with them though. They were super helpful when I was picking out a gift for a friend.

Member of OCdriftingNinjas | You gotta' Fold if you wanna turn up the Heat
    Overclocking: My Anti-Drug. | Overclocking my body...one day at a time... | Black Belt Ubercloxx0r | You are the most ripped yo-yo'er I have ever seen. - Seven
    HTPC | i5 2500k@3.8 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 16GB HyperX | GTX 460 1gb@845/1100 | 1.5TB | Silverstone LC10S-M | Corsair 500w

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    I order a few things a year from them. They're great. Just received my Evil Trons that I plan on planting in someone's cubicle this week.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus2k7 View Post
    Bravo to them. They do have some cool things, but a lot of it seems like the hot topic of the geek world. Never had an issue with shipping or delays with them though. They were super helpful when I was picking out a gift for a friend.
    Yeah, their prices tend to be on the higher side and have a few unique things that are interesting, but I couldn't justify the price. But I'll order from them every now and then because the few times I had to contact them went well and most orders are out the door either that afternoon or next business day.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLord View Post
    I order a few things a year from them. They're great. Just received my Evil Trons that I plan on planting in someone's cubicle this week.
    I actually got one of those a year or so ago, never ended up using it though. It's a shame, right after I lost it I thought of a thousand places to put it.
    Main: MOBO: Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 CPU: i7 6700k w/ Scythe Ninja 4 and 2x Noctua NF-F12s, RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz , GFX: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0, PSU: Seasonic X-850, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 256gb Samsung SM951, WD 4TB Black
    Audio - DAC: Modi 2 Multibit - Amps: Magni 2, Yamaha R-S202BL - Headphones: Hifiman HE400i, Beyerdynamic Dt990 & Dt770, Phillips SHP9500 - Speakers: Klipsch KB-15, Monoprice 8248
    Laptop: MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 044 config

Project 1UP
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

Chapstick Eating Premium Member #13

Benching Profile SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    i just got the ctrl alt delete cups for my office lol i like alot of the stuff on here some of it is kinda weird though
    rig-NZXT source 210 elite --serv-- generic mid atx-----router-old apex htpc case----lan rig lian-li pc-q07
    2500k 4.8ghz 1.35v----------------- i3-2120-------------------------amd c-70-------------------i5-2400
    p8z77 ------------------------------ ga-p67-ud4 ------------------ ASRock C70M1-------------foxconn h61
    8gb gskill ripjaws 1600 ------1x4gb 1600 ripjaws -------------1x1gb ddr3 1600------------2x4gb ddr3 1600
    1060 extreme gaming 6g--------- onboard --------------------------onboard-----------------GTX 750TI SC
    corsair hx850---------------------450w antec------------------300w seasonic gold----------- corsair 430M
    custom loop ---------------xigmatek durin 92mm -------stock cooler cameo n board-----lenovo 1155 hs w 4500rpm pwm delta
    win 10 x64-----------------server 2012 r2 datacenter---------------pfsense---------------win 7 x64
    steam user name : Wagex (-urdead) HEAT
    "You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum