Thread: +1 thinkgeek

+1 thinkgeek

Don't know how many of you shop there, but they do a good job on the CS side. Have a LAN here over the weekend, so I decided to donate a 24 pack of Bawls (college campus, real beer isn't allowed where minors may be present, have to make do with G33k B33r). Ordered it through TG since I had some geek points I also wanted to spend. But I ended up ordering it last Friday (the 6th) so it would get here on time without having to spend $20-$30 more on faster shipping.

So everything is going well, tracking is showing it's supposed to get here Thursday the 12th, all that. But it simply stopped Wednesday night, somewhere in a warehouse in Massachusetts. Over the weekend I email UPS with all the info I could provide asking about it and get a response Monday afternoon saying they would prefer the sender contact them to start an investigation.

I waited until Tuesday morning (today) and opened a live chat with Thinkgeek. Was waiting maybe 15 seconds at most. I said that my package had simply "stopped" and that UPS had told me to contact them. After a minute or two, while explaining that I needed it by the weekend, he agreed to send a new case with 2-day shipping and issue a recall with UPS, saying that it was odd that the package hadn't moved in almost a week.
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

Bravo to them. They do have some cool things, but a lot of it seems like the hot topic of the geek world. Never had an issue with shipping or delays with them though. They were super helpful when I was picking out a gift for a friend.

Member of OCdriftingNinjas | You gotta' Fold if you wanna turn up the Heat
    Overclocking: My Anti-Drug. | Overclocking my body...one day at a time... | Black Belt Ubercloxx0r | You are the most ripped yo-yo'er I have ever seen. - Seven
    HTPC | i5 2500k@3.8 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 16GB HyperX | GTX 460 1gb@845/1100 | 1.5TB | Silverstone LC10S-M | Corsair 500w

I order a few things a year from them. They're great. Just received my Evil Trons that I plan on planting in someone's cubicle this week.
    "There are two kinds of pain. The sort of pain that makes you strong,
    or useless pain. The sort of pain that's only suffering. I have no
    patience for useless things."

Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus2k7 View Post
    Bravo to them. They do have some cool things, but a lot of it seems like the hot topic of the geek world. Never had an issue with shipping or delays with them though. They were super helpful when I was picking out a gift for a friend.
    Yeah, their prices tend to be on the higher side and have a few unique things that are interesting, but I couldn't justify the price. But I'll order from them every now and then because the few times I had to contact them went well and most orders are out the door either that afternoon or next business day.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLord View Post
    I order a few things a year from them. They're great. Just received my Evil Trons that I plan on planting in someone's cubicle this week.
    I actually got one of those a year or so ago, never ended up using it though. It's a shame, right after I lost it I thought of a thousand places to put it.
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

Premium Member #13

i just got the ctrl alt delete cups for my office lol i like alot of the stuff on here some of it is kinda weird though
    rig-NZXT source 210 elite --serv-- norco 270 2u---------------htpc-apex htpc case
    2500k 4.5ghz 1.3v------------------ opteron 2419 6-core--------------------e6600 @ 3.0ghz
    p67-ud4 ------------------------------ h8dmi-2 --------------------------- gigabyte g41
    8gb gskill 2x4 1600 --------4x4gb samsung ddr2 ECC -----------2x2b ddr3 1600
    xfx r9-280x black ----------------- onboard -----------------------------------HD 5450
    corsair hx850-------------------------antec vp-450----------------------------------275w came with case
    custom loop --------------------------socket f 2u passive ---------------------xigmatek durin
    win 7x64------------------------------server 2012 r2 datacenter--------------win 7 64 bit
    steam user name : Wagex (you happy bro?) HEAT
    "You can't get magical Harry Potter temps with big overclocks, PHYSICS has a lot to do with it." -conumdrum