• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

+1 thinkgeek

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't know how many of you shop there, but they do a good job on the CS side. Have a LAN here over the weekend, so I decided to donate a 24 pack of Bawls (college campus, real beer isn't allowed where minors may be present, have to make do with G33k B33r). Ordered it through TG since I had some geek points I also wanted to spend. But I ended up ordering it last Friday (the 6th) so it would get here on time without having to spend $20-$30 more on faster shipping.

So everything is going well, tracking is showing it's supposed to get here Thursday the 12th, all that. But it simply stopped Wednesday night, somewhere in a warehouse in Massachusetts. Over the weekend I email UPS with all the info I could provide asking about it and get a response Monday afternoon saying they would prefer the sender contact them to start an investigation.

I waited until Tuesday morning (today) and opened a live chat with Thinkgeek. Was waiting maybe 15 seconds at most. I said that my package had simply "stopped" and that UPS had told me to contact them. After a minute or two, while explaining that I needed it by the weekend, he agreed to send a new case with 2-day shipping and issue a recall with UPS, saying that it was odd that the package hadn't moved in almost a week.

Bravo to them. They do have some cool things, but a lot of it seems like the hot topic of the geek world. Never had an issue with shipping or delays with them though. They were super helpful when I was picking out a gift for a friend.

I order a few things a year from them. They're great. Just received my Evil Trons that I plan on planting in someone's cubicle this week.

Bravo to them. They do have some cool things, but a lot of it seems like the hot topic of the geek world. Never had an issue with shipping or delays with them though. They were super helpful when I was picking out a gift for a friend.

Yeah, their prices tend to be on the higher side and have a few unique things that are interesting, but I couldn't justify the price. But I'll order from them every now and then because the few times I had to contact them went well and most orders are out the door either that afternoon or next business day.

I order a few things a year from them. They're great. Just received my Evil Trons that I plan on planting in someone's cubicle this week.

I actually got one of those a year or so ago, never ended up using it though. It's a shame, right after I lost it I thought of a thousand places to put it.

i just got the ctrl alt delete cups for my office lol i like alot of the stuff on here :D some of it is kinda weird though

Back