• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hey guys need infos for i3 530 on asus p7h55m

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

purette

hey guys, its been awhile that im looking to oc this little processor, but couldnt find anyone talking about that i3 530 on this asus p7h55m mobo, its the basic one everyone seems to have the p7h55m-pro and thats not my case. if anyone would have a link of someones experience with this cpu and mobo it would be pretty appreciated! or if anyone could help me start :) thanks alot

well still no replys :(
i3 530 @ 2.93ghz
asus p7h55m ( a pcie slot ) and one normal pci slot on this board
ssd ocz vertex 2
8gig ram kingston 1333mhz
psu 650w
asus radeon HD6870.

My plan is to get 4ghz at least. stock temperatures are 44C on full load with prime95. i know i can get more speed but dont know from where to start.

thx to anyone who whill help me out ! :)

Last edited:
You can't overclock with Hxx motherboards. You need a Pxx motherboard or Zxx motherboard.

For your i3, you need a P55 motherboard. You can't use a Z77, Z68 or P67 on your 1156 CPU. :thup:

thanks alot for the informations ! i though i could with that mobo.. anyways ill keep my first idea, ill ****in switch to a i5 2500k they seems pretty good :)

Got the same mobo and cpu. I can overclock with blck frequency and with xmp to, something different? NO. Had mine running at 3.30 ghz with 150 BLCK Frequency (bus speed) Im gonna try to increase to multiplier when im back at home, and i keep headsup. IM USING STOCK COOLER BTW:)

I have the same motherboard and CPU also! With the stock cooler I can run it at 4GHz with 1.296Vcore (Set around 1.33V in BIOS), although I tend to keep it at 3.7-3.8 (can't remember exactly) as it runs a lot cooler and it is on 24/7.

All you need to do is start raising the bclk in the BIOS by small increments and then stress testing. If stable for 20 minutes or so then increment it further. If it crashes then up the voltage one notch. Keep doing this until you are happy with the result, I would try and keep temperatures below 65-70C and the voltage below 1.4Vcore - I prefer staying below 1.36Vcore.

Also whilst doing this make sure the RAM is running at or below the rated speed - the bclk will increase the memory frequency too. If it starts going above 1333MHz drop the multiplier. This helps ensure that instability is due to the CPU and not the RAM being overclocked, otherwise it can be a hassle determining which one is causing the problem when both are being overclocked at the same time.

You can't overclock with Hxx motherboards. You need a Pxx motherboard or Zxx motherboard.

For your i3, you need a P55 motherboard. You can't use a Z77, Z68 or P67 on your 1156 CPU. :thup:

Actually the highest clocking 1156 boards are H55 (though they are gigabyte). They don't have as good of power sections but they are overclockable especially with a dually. Now the 1155 hxx don't oc but the 1156's do

Back