• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Vs. AMD Fx-8150?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTERM1NATOR

I'm kinda new to the forums so a thread like this might already exist but figured it was worth a shot. I'm currently running a 1100T in my setup at 4.2ghz. I was wondering if upgrading to a 8150 would be worth it? I know in alot of benchmarks because of the architecture not really being supported that the 1100T is faster, I'm just wondering if because the the 8150 can clock higher if that would offset the difference? Any input would be great.

Core for core and clock for clock the 1100T is presently faster but I think the 8150 is actually faster when overclocked because it will overclock higher (but not on air) and because it has two more cores, if you are running apps that can take advantage of those extra cores. My advice to you would be to wait for both the FX technology itself to mature (newer core steppings) and for OS and app technology to mature. And I don't think your H60 cooler would be adequate for a good overclock in an 8150. Your would need an H100.

Thanks for the quick responses, waiting to upgrade was the way I was leaning but really wanted some input so you've been really helpful. Lol what sucks is even if I did there is absolutely no way a Corsair H100 set up would fit in my case (COOLER MASTER HAF 922.) DOH! :-/

^^^ Yeah, it's something I consider with every case purchase now. Whether there's space for a dual rad. I expect Corsair to perfect their solution eventually and make a reliable successor to the H100. The H100 itself though isn't worth touching, too unreliable.

Yeah probably something I should've looked into a bit better, I actually just switched to the cooler master case within the last month from my old NZXT Lexa Blackline and not looking forward to swapping again any time soon lol.

Back