• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Elite PC Design LLC. Personal EXTREME PC Build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elite PC Design

\Whats up!

I work for Elite PC Designs LLC. Today I finally got around to building my own extreme PC from home. I recently ordered all my parts from our current hardware vendor. Ive been building PC's for the past few years for this company but never got around to building a PC of my own. This thread will show my journey from start to finish, hope you guys enjoy and please do give me some feedback!

I will uploade the build video in a few days showing the process and overall product!

System components:

1. SilverStone Temjin Series TJ11 Tower
2. Dell UltraSharp U2711
3. Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011
3. Corsair Dominator GT 16GB 2133MHz
4. XFX Radeon HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB
5. Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSD 240GB
6. ASUS Rampage IV Formula LGA 2011
7. LG Super Multo BD Drive BD-CD-DVD RW
8. Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-1475M 1475W ATX PSU

Water Cooling Components:

1. Swiftech MCP655 Special Edition 12 VDC Pump With Speed Controller
2. Black Ice SR1 420 Radiator Series
3. Swiftech APOGEE HD Ultimate Extreme Performance Water Block
4. PrimoFlex Pro LRT UV Green Tubing
5. Feser One F1 Cooling Fluid - UV Green
6. EK-Multioption RES X2 - 150
7. 12" Cathode Light Kit Sleeved - Green
8. Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black Dual Rotary 90-Degree Compression Fitting
9. EK-UNI Holder 50/70 - Reservoir Brackets
10. Bitspower Matt Black "L" Fitting - 90 Degree
11. Bitspower G1/4 Matte Black Triple Rotary 90-Degree Compression Fitting
12. BitFenix 3-pin Fan Extension Cable - 90cm - Green Sleeve (3x)
13. BitFenix 4-pin ATX Extension Cable - 45 cm - Black Sleeve
14. BitFenix EPS Extension Cable - 45cm - Black Sleeve

Now that you have gone over all the system components, I have taken some pictures to illustrate what the components look like.

IMG_0771.jpg
IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg
IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg
IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg
IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg
IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg
IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg
IMG_0769.jpg

Last edited:
yo just a heads up...if you don't want your res/tubes dyed and gunk build up in your system...DON'T use that premix.
i promise you will regret putting that stuff in a month or two down the road.

i tell everybody this: If you want color, use Mayhem's Dyes with a biocide
either that or only do colored tubing
Mayhems is top of the line in...they are the Ferrari of liquid dyes

back to the topic...looks like a fun build man
you should also look into optimizing your windows install to keep all the junk user stuff from wating space on your SSD if you already haven't
take read through this guide: Sean's Windows 7 Optimization for SSD's

gl man...can't wait to see what this looks like

Ack... FESER liquid. Maybe you should head over to the WC forum and read the millions of 'don't use it' replies and read what we use. Maybe you should pass it on to your company you work for. FESER is clogging-loop bad stuff.

Interesting build...

PSU = MASSIVE overkill for the rig listed... add 2 more 7970's and still not use 1KW.....
3820 = doesnt overclock outside of bclk (whats so extreme about not overclocking barely any?).. with that, wasted a ton of cash on the motherboard.
dye in your loop = Ouch, what other people said.

Peculiar build.

@ Horrorblade... you can report the thread with the "!" icon to get it moved as the OP cant do it, and mods dont remotely read all threads.

Heads up guys, I didnt buy the Thermaltake powersupply for its "overkill" wattage, I bought it because it's the quietest PSU out in the market. The fans dont even turn on unless your doing something very demanding, it doesnt even turn on during games.

Heads up guys, I didnt buy the Thermaltake powersupply for its "overkill" wattage, I bought it because it's the quietest PSU out in the market. The fans dont even turn on unless your doing something very demanding, it doesnt even turn on during games.
You can do that with a lesser PSU as well.. Seasonic X series comes to mind. X560 would do that. It didnt spin up when I used a 4.5Ghz 2600k (which uses more power than your stuck at stock 3830) and a GTX580 (which uses more power than a 7970). :thup:

looks like a pretty sweet build :) il be watching, not trying to be rude but id have done a little more research before dumping that kind of money into a rig. like others have mentioned having a crazy water cooled build is kind of pointless if you cant overclock :shrug: could have a silent air cooling solution instead.

still should look pretty bada$$ :D

edit: pretty sure i just peed my pants a little when i seen the price on that case.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163178&Tpk=SilverStone Temjin Series TJ11

looks like a pretty sweet build :) il be watching, not trying to be rude but id have done a little more research before dumping that kind of money into a rig. like others have mentioned having a crazy water cooled build is kind of pointless if you cant overclock :shrug: could have a silent air cooling solution instead.

still should look pretty bada$$ :D

edit: pretty sure i just peed my pants a little when i seen the price on that case.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163178&Tpk=SilverStone Temjin Series TJ11

HOLY HELL
WHYYY is it soo expensive??
you can mod a 800d to have all the features that thing has...
wtf mate

Nah, its one sweet case. Not really in agreement with the PSU though, a Kingwin Platinum would be a better PSU and the fan also doesn't turn on until you really push it. Agree regarding the choice of CPU with the others too. A K series would be faster.

lol yea i prolly would too if i had the money
what do you do for work man??
i might have to change my major....

EDIT:
im pretty sure you're rich
looks like brand new carpets lol

Back