• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Looking for Video card WB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

TL;DR on bottom!

Alright, I'm on the market for a new video card. One on the cheaper side, but I'll be folding with it for our amazing team here at OverClockers.

I was looking at the GeForce GTX 560 SE, but I can't find ANY information on it. It's a very cheap card, and has the "560" name to it, but I can't find benchmarks, etc.

ATI/AMD Cards are out of the picture for good.

EVGA 01G-P3-1464-KR GeForce GTX 560 SE [LINK]

If somebody could find a card that is seemingly relatively cheap, (under $200) that gets better performance than the 460(Almost ties with my 6850 that I hate), it would be perfect, I'm posting here, because I'm also on the market for liquid cooling, Just ordered a radiator today, will be ordering most of the other parts (after the video card) next paycheck. (May 5th)

TL;DR

I'm looking for a <$200 NVIDIA video card, better than the GTX 460, that is Liquid Cooling compatible for a Full-Cover block.

Last edited:
I'd recommend a GPU-only block, not a full cover block. They're cheaper and they'll probably work for your next card, too.

I'd recommend a GPU-only block, not a full cover block. They're cheaper and they'll probably work for your next card, too.

Then what about if I was going to do SLI?(Which I plan to do VERY soon after I buy most of the liquid cooling)
How would that work?

I like how the SLI fitting gives you options on where the In/Out ports are located. You could use heatsink on some of the vRAM chips, but some of them will be under the GPU block extension. RAM chips usually don't get very hot, but the VRM section would be a good candidate for individual heatsinks.

That looks funky, and what about the memory chips? Those are typically cooled too. Just get small heatsinks for them?
Yup. And the heatsinks will probably work for the next card too. Get a fan blowing over them too, which is probably something you'd want whether you went full coverage or not.

I like how the SLI fitting gives you options on where the In/Out ports are located. You could use heatsink on some of the vRAM chips, but some of them will be under the GPU block extension. RAM chips usually don't get very hot, but the VRM section would be a good candidate for individual heatsinks.

Yeah, the VRM is what I meant.
I'll buy some copper ones and get some black grill paint for those beasts.
Thanks guys!
I'm off to the Team 32 and the NVIDIA forum sections now!

Back