• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new card!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

Price Range: <$200 ($200 or less)
Time buying: Within the next week
Use: Folding With the V7 client, gaming (BF3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3)
SLi or not: Will in the future

Alright, I need an upgrade in performance from the 6850, and I'm looking at an NVIDIA card for folding purposes.
My price range is around $200(preferably sub 200 area)
Help me out? I've been looking around but the GTX 460 is almost identical in performance as my current card, and my card is just barely getting by. The 550ti doesn't seem right, at all. The power usage is a'ight, but performance is lacking.

(I have plans to sell my 6850, after the new card arrives)

:comp:

Well there is the 560 which of course is better in performance and costs under 200 retail but uses way more power and I found the GTX 295 used on ebay for under 200 which is a better card but also uses much more power. You're right though I wouldn't get the 550ti not worth it.

Well there is the 560 which of course is better in performance and costs under 200 retail but uses way more power and I found the GTX 295 used on ebay for under 200 which is a better card but also uses much more power. You're right though I wouldn't get the 550ti not worth it.

I'm loving my DX11 compatibility in games, that's the #1 reason I'm not looking at anything really below the 400 series.

Just bought the 560 from Asus. [Link]

Back