• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My M4 raid0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbq

The controller is IBM M1015 flashed to LSI 9211-8i

2x64gb m4. ATTO reads higher than the other 2 :confused:
ssdbench.gif

Nice speeds, each of the benchmarks calculate slightly differently, I generally go by ATTO when I benchmark my drives.

@bbq
I have the same controller and 3x M4 64GB ;) . Your results are good. AS-SSD or Crystal Mark are always showing lower max transfers than ATTO.
Maybe I will post my results later when/if I find them ( I'm using all my M4 with other controller now ).

Looks good to me.. A little leerly that 4K writes are as high as 512K writes but I do not have the drive specs in front of me. They do look about right other than that.

This controller has no caching options so both 4K random results will be lower. Even single drive in AHCI will have higher results in this test but there is no integrated controller that can make higher sequential results.
M1015 can scale really good up to 2GB/s sequential transfers on 4 SSD while most cheaper RAID cards or onboard controllers won't make more than ~1GB/s ( even if you have 990FX board with 6x SATA3 ports ).

@bbq
I have the same controller and 3x M4 64GB ;) . Your results are good. AS-SSD or Crystal Mark are always showing lower max transfers than ATTO.
Maybe I will post my results later when/if I find them ( I'm using all my M4 with other controller now ).

Do you use stock firmware or LSI? after flashed 9211-8i firmware the Ctrl H was gone. Ctrl C sucks, very poor feature and so stupid. there's no option for me to set the stripe size, cache, NCQ ..etc..
i'm happy with the SSD speed but the spindle drives speed is so awful. i have 3x 640gb blue drives in raid0 and the read speed of HDtach is around 200MB, much slower than adaptec 5805 controller. Maybe 9211-8i doesn't do well with mix SSD and spindle drives or backward SATA 3.0 sucks?

i dumped the image to the storage partition which is 3x640gb blue and it took me 24 mins. the image is no compress
with the adaptec 5805 it takes me for about 7-10 minutes. i've done this many time
ghostr.gif

Last edited:
Back