• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Correcting Bent Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zzzzzzzzzz

I have an Antec Nine Hundred Case ( Product Page ) that I believe to be bent.

I was able to install a motherboard into the case and completely configure and install the computer.

I noticed that the many of the expansion card brackets do not line up flush with the expansion slot openings and the cases screw holes did not precisely line up with the expansion card brackets' screw slits. I was able to secure the expansion cards to the case by squeezing the expansion cards' brackets against the case and then installing and tightening the screws for the cards' brackets.

The main side door also needs to be squeezed to appear to align correctly (once squeezed, screws can be fully installed).

The case does not appear to noticeably by just looking at it. However, I do believe it to be bent because of the misalignment I have mentioned.

I believe that the may be performance problems with the electronic components installed into the case (due to expansion cards being at a slight angle in PCI-Express x16 expansion slots) and computer freezes being observed.

How can the case be straightened correctly?

I believe that the may be performance problems with the electronic components installed into the case (due to expansion cards being at a slight angle in PCI-Express x16 expansion slots) and computer freezes being observed.
The angle of any computer component is completely unrelated to performance. You have two completely different issues here.

The angle of any computer component is completely unrelated to performance. You have two completely different issues here.

When connecting electrical components together, their conductor contacts should touch correctly. With the expansion cards at an angle, I believe that there may be some overlap in the connections of the PCI-Express cards and the PCI-Explress slots.

I do still think it would be best to correct the shape of the case and would like tips on how to do that and such that the other components are not damage in the process (thinking about hammering technique).

I was thinking of a different angle, can you draw a picture as to how they are being held?

Back