• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster HAF932 Airflow..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NtheFace

Registered
I have Crucial Ballistix Ram cooler, pulling air off the RAM, and have the case side panel 240mm fan pulling air in. So my question is should i reverse the ballistix fans to also pull downwards(toward mobo) like the side panel fan.

The front of case to back of case is 240mm(front) and 200mm(back).
Then the of the case is my radiator(inside) with 2 120mm fans pushing out, and a 240mm fan pulling outside of case(ontop) pulling out.

Just trying to figure out whats best way to get effecient airflow.

Yea.. i would switch it to push.. Got no idea why its pulling air from them.. They really dont have alot of CFM. But it would def switch it around.. I had a CM Gemnii and it had fans blowing down on my RAM and really did help them out alot.. I had 4x2gb Crucial ballistix tracer. and they got hot when OC.

Ok thats what i was thinking, thanks.. not only that but with the ram cooler, its set up on the farthest notch creating about 1.5-2inches of space between the fans and the ram, because the hoses from the cpu cooler prevent it from being lowered

Luckly on my case. the H100 fits on the back and hoses not in the way at all. :) ANd i have a inside opti inside case 120mm fan blowing right on mine,, ANd they stay nice and cool. There is a debate on ram fans actully worth it. Some say it is and some say thats its jus bling.. Choice is yours, Let me know if you can tell a difference in temps.(they should be)

For everyday use non-oc'd ram should never get hot enough to need a stand-alone cooling source. If it is oc'd then it could be a crapshoot as to whether or not it would be needed. If the case has adequate airflow, the heatsinks should be enough to dissipate the heat. I like the little fans for form not functionality..

Course for me, it would be a choice between my hsf (D14) or ram cooler.. ram lost that bet.

Back