• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know any aerospace engineers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ehume

I would like to correspond with someone who designs jet engines for a living. Or similar turbines. Or retired. I have a few questions and I don't know enough to look up the answers.

I do know people (my dad was 30yrs in the military and now is the Cheif Engineer at Wyle also know some people at Lockheed Martin which is just down the road from me) but I can tell you that they will not tell you much of anything as most of that information is either classified or proprietery. Go sign up for classes at Embry Riddle or something :)

I do know people (my dad was 30yrs in the military and now is the Cheif Engineer at Wyle also know some people at Lockheed Martin which is just down the road from me) but I can tell you that they will not tell you much of anything as most of that information is either classified or proprietery. Go sign up for classes at Embry Riddle or something :)

What I really need is someone from Pratt&Whitney or GE. And what I'm looking for is ultra-basic, but I don't know enough to use the right search terms.

I was onsite PE for GE 7FA, LM6000 (which is a CF6 Aeroderivative), and LMS100 plants for four years. I know very little about aircraft but the turbines I can probably help you on. Shoot me a PM.

Back