• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770K@5700 GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H DICE OVERCLOCKING BENCHMARKS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TURN & BURN

seems I'm having some issues loading some picks will fix a bit laterZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Today the NDA is lifted Thank GOD!!!! So lets get busy.....

Working with the Gigabyte Z77 UD3H and a 3770K on Dice

I want to say that Gigabyte has come full circle, the bottom line Z77 series board preformed flawless :) With the 3770K on Dice I did run into a minor cold bug at temps below -68c. Once booted and running however no issues going colder just dont freeze up and have to reboot, this was a issue for my chip I would have to wait for the temps to drop down a bit before I could get going again or start from stock and work up, other than that the 3770K ran very well with a noted improvement over the SB. The chip does seem to get very hot at upper speeds so I recomed good cooling for high end Overclocking unless you have a very good chip!

The Gigabyte board I cant say enough about as all the past bugs have been delt with and I see them emerging as a top player again without issues, the board overclocks easy and all you need in adjusments including to go to 3600MHz memory. I recomend this board as it is priced well and any user will overclock very well with it.

Being a bencher time for the show!

System
GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H
3700K@5700
COOLING DICE
1X7970 OC 1171/1577 AIR
OCZ 120GB VERTEX 3
CORSAIR 1050W PS

System Picks
Jelly up not a pretty sight!!

jelly_up.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

Now for some benching with 1x7970 a slight OC.

HAVEN

UHB_5700_1_card.JPG

UHX_5700_1_card.JPG

06 MARKS

06Marks_5700_1_card.JPG

3D VANTAGE

06M_5500_1x_7970.JPG

WPRIME

32M

WPrime_5700.JPG

1024M

WPrime_1024_5700.JPG

6GHz_DICE_CPUZ_VAL_SCREEN.JPG

This is a regular Chipper nothing special
Will be running 2x7970's and have a second chip to test out.

T&B

Last edited:
Could you not go past 5700? Or was that just an ready overclock got the chip? After setting a lot of result on the bot they seem to be above the 6GHz mark

Last edited:
I wonder how much dice is holding you back? Do you think LN2 could go further?

Im a little bit saddened at the 5.7Ghz # under DI though. Was hoping 6Ghz+ was benchable under DI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said this is a plane jane chip and on SS it ran 5.4 However I did notice on dice that below -68 or so if you loose the boot a cold bug seemed to take effect so I would have to clear the bios and start over to get it back up. I have seen chips go in the 6.4 range on LN2 and as high as 6.7 how benchable at them speeds??

I will be trying another session in about a hour with 2x 7970's and have a another chip and MSI GD65 ready to go as well.

T&B

Last edited:
Yep I can't wait to see how they perform. Strange that you are running into CB/CBB issues as it appears that a lot of the results seem to be frosty enough that no CB would be present.

Dont think that is gunna happen. Max I can do with SS is 5650 and I have to drop quite a bit to bench 3D. You really need LN2 for 6G+. Too much heat.
Im a little bit saddened at the 5.7Ghz # under DI though. Was hoping 6Ghz+ was benchable under DI.

Dont think that is gunna happen. Max I can do with SS is 5650 and I have to drop quite a bit to bench 3D. You really need LN2 for 6G+. Too much heat.

The heat comes in at about the 5.4 range so unless you have a very acceptional chip or LN2 6GHz and up will be tough on dice. SS 3D I was able to do the same about and my SS is feeling its days now.

But then again I have put chips on different board and was able to get more out of them so after the Gigabyte runs I will run the MSI board.

T&B

The heat comes in at about the 5.4 range so unless you have a very acceptional chip or LN2 6GHz and up will be tough on dice. SS 3D I was able to do the same about and my SS is feeling its days now.

But then again I have put chips on different board and was able to get more out of them so after the Gigabyte runs I will run the MSI board.

T&B

Sounds like you need a cascade setup :comp:

Sounds like you need a cascade setup :comp:

yeah the cascade is up north at my other place may need to freight it down!! but more cold the better can go LN2 next :)

T&B

OH my SS was a SDumper Cooler Xpress but was -56 at the head now -48 I was going to ship it back to him bought it like 4 years ago and was a very exeptional SS held temps under huge loads! now it needs some HELP........

T&B

I have a custom H20 setup with 2 double heatercores and 4.8Ghz @ 1.375v gives 90C loaded. I can go higher but the heat is stupid. Dont think many are going to see 5Ghz on these chips with any stability w/ air/water. I would guess most chips will run 4.6-4.8 for 24/7.

I should add this estimation is from my own experience and what Ive seen of these chips thus far. You never know when retail chips hit the masses.
What would you say is a good 24/7 OC on air/water from your experience?

Last edited:
I have a custom H20 setup with 2 double heatercores and 4.8Ghz @ 1.375v gives 90C loaded. I can go higher but the heat is stupid. Dont think many are going to see 5Ghz on these chips with any stability w/ air/water. I would guess most chips will run 4.6-4.8 for 24/7.

I should add this estimation is from my own experience and what Ive seen of these chips thus far. You never know when retail chips hit the masses.

I did AIR runs at 5GHZ? you should have no issue there! Ill see if I can find them

T&B

Air runs of what? If you were stress testing you would be seeing 100C

I'm sure i remember themps hitting around mid 70's but I will have to check as I just loaded my air heatsink on a X79 system, so dont have it to do runs with anymore.

What Mobo are you using?

Thanks
T&B

I dont see how an IVB at 5Ghz on air cooling could give a load of 70C. Do you mean you ran some benches at 5Ghz or you ran stress tests like aida64, prime, linx or similar?

Im using a custom h20 setup, aida64 stability test, real temp (the new version), and Max V Gene and I see 90C at 4.8. There could be differences in chips but from my experience these things are insanely hot past about 4.7Ghz.

Back