• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rogue WU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

My computer has been repeating the same Wu over and again, the 7600 Wu. I don't have a current log file, but does anybody know how I can stop this repeated unit from appearing how many times it has? (4 or 5 times now)

Yes, the 7600's are dodgy.

For a bad WU, you need to:

1) stop the client and folding cores (if the client fails to stop them).

2) delete the entire work subdirectory inside your folding directory

3) delete one or two files in your folding directory:
* a) machinedependent.dat, (if present)
* b) queue.dat

If you don't have a machinedependent.data file, change the machine ID number in the folding client configuration.

And restart the folding client.

If he's running v7, it's a bit different. I don't have a v7 instance going ATM, so I can't exactly explain the procedure.

I'm not sure I understand the problem for that matter. If stuck on an work server such that you get an assignment from the same project, with different (R,C,G), adding or deleting the advanced client-type in v7 or the -advmethods flag in v6 will change work servers. If you're getting the same P(R,C,G) over and over, its completely different and likely caused by not returning results, invoking lost WU protocol from the AS.

If he's running v7, it's a bit different. I don't have a v7 instance going ATM, so I can't exactly explain the procedure.

I'm not sure I understand the problem for that matter. If stuck on an work server such that you get an assignment from the same project, with different (R,C,G), adding or deleting the advanced client-type in v7 or the -advmethods flag in v6 will change work servers. If you're getting the same P(R,C,G) over and over, its completely different and likely caused by not returning results, invoking lost WU protocol from the AS.
Yes, I am running v7.
I'm not getting the same (R,C,G) every time, but I am getting the same project every time. It's tempting me to jump back to a v6 client very soon here.

edit the slot and add client-type with a value of advanced and that should get the Assignment server to send you to a different Work Server. If you have already done so then delete the entry.

Back