• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what to do when laptop keeps jumping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

simgamer

Hey guys, i'm trying out this forum to get some advise on AMD CPU's and GPU's. Here's the thing, i currently have a Toshiba lapop running on a 1.5 Ghz quad core processor with an AMD Radeon HD 6640G2 graphics card with 8 GB internal memory. I play quite a lot of simulation games (flight simulators, bus simulators and train simulators), and i've noticed in particular with the bus simulator that in certain parts of the game it keeps jumping and getting stuck, to the point that it just stops responding and i have to start all over again. I've also tried reducing the resolution to it's lowest, but that didn't help either. I know that it's not because of the age of the laptop because i purchased it a few days ago, so i'm wondering what might be the cause of these problems. Could it be the model of the graphics card isn't strong enough to handle it, or is it because of the CPU's ability to only run at 1.5 Ghz while the game requires a minimum of a dualcore 2.6 Ghz processor, and should i consider trading for a desktop that has a lower model graphics card wth 12 GB internal memory, but with a 3.6 Ghz quad core processor?

(i know, it's a lot of info haha :p)

The RAM is deffinitely not your problem; no single game can take full advantage of 8 gb. That GPU is quite decent (but still not great), but the CPU...not so much. A 1.5 ghz quad (1.5 quad is not necessarily faster than a 2.6 ghz dual) is quite slow by today's standards.

Back