• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with my custom build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dazzalad

Hi guys.

Very new to the custom build scene so im seeking some help if possible. I have noticed my computer is just not running up to par. Every game i run i have to run on the lowest setting and even then its still in bareable to play.
I read somewhere that bottlenecking could be causeing this problem,i have even turned off every possible windows 7 service and themes to see if that helps and still nothing.

Here is a link to my cpu-z showing my computer stats.

Hope i can get some help,thanks.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2342231

Can you post your system specs. Without them there is not enough information.

video card, etc

Last edited:
Asus M4A78LT-M Socket AM3 AMD SB710 DVI VGA HDMI 8 Channel Audio mATX Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 840 Socket AM3 3.2GHz 2MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V
XFX HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI Dual Mini Display Port Out Graphics Card
Coolermaster CM690 II Lite with Coolermaster GX 650W PSU *Special Offer Bundle*

Sorry that cpu is wrong the one i currentley have is AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Socket AM3 3.2 GHz 6MB L3 Cache.

Im not the most knowledgeable but I remember when I first built my pc I had the same issue. My problem was thermal paste on the cpu, might want to check that to make sure theres not too much/too little.

Any overclock? Old GPU drivers? Wrong mobo drivers? Memory timings wrong? Overtemp problems throttling the CPU or GPU? Lots of AMD don't like 1600 speed ram, you have to drop it down to 1333 work correctly.

We can't help from 1000's of miles away not knowing much at all, sorry.

What tests have you run on the PC for load tests? What are the temp results? Have you run 3D Mark 11 and compared your setup to others in the results area?

Just some ideas, hope it helps you.

I have ran everything i know,cpu-z,memtest everything showed no errors,temp is good on idel it stands at 28-30C under load its about 48-55c,i have my latest drivers for everything.

Going to try that 3D mark 11,but it sounds similar to msi kombustion( not sure i have spelt that right),it didn't do to great on high settings and on low i just wasn't impressed at all.

But back to the ram trimmings,i believe this could be my issue,not messed around with my ram,so how would i go about changing that? My NB freq stands at 2000.8 mhz and my dram freq is at 800mhz, is that right?

here are my 3d mark 11 settings,it says my build is normal but i don't seem right at all.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3268695;jsessionid=ngzum0oh6tkyhqpggce37pzy

Last edited:
Back