• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a8-3850. can't boot into windows above 25x multiplier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ViperThunder

hello! apologies if this is the wrong forum, i am in desperate need of help!

problem description: Blue screen crash 101 (31) "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" occurs while loading Windows if the CPU multiplier is set to anything above 25x. The same blue screen also occurs during gaming if the clock speed is higher than 2200MHz (22x multiplier).

first occurred: after 5 months of regular computer use, one day it randomly occurred while watching a youtube video.

System spec:
Rosewill RD450-2-DB 450W ATX V2.2 Power Supply
AMD A8-3850 APU (currently stable at 2.2 GHz :()
Windows 7 x64 (also tried Windows XP on separate HDD)
2x WDC 2500AAKX Sata 6.0gb/s 250GB
Asus F1A75-M Pro motherboard (also tried ECS A75F-M2 with same results)
Corsair CMX4GXM2B1600C9 2x2GB 9-9-9-24 1.5v DDR1600 @ 1333MHz
xfx radeon 6670 1GB

I've tried increasing voltages and increasing load line calibration and various other ASUS bios settings to no avail. The computer will only run perfectly stable at 2.2 GHz (down from default clock of 2.9 GHz)

I believe I have narrowed down the cause to faulty PSU (although voltages are nominal...) or faulty CPU (although temps never get higher than 55ºC).
Thoughts?

another interesting problem: If I leave the multiplier at 22x and try to change the base clock from 100 to anything higher to help achieve higher CPU frequency (while maintaining proper RAM speed), the system will not detect any of my SATA drives and thus will not boot windows

Last edited:
hello! apologies if this is the wrong forum, i am in desperate need of help!

problem description: Blue screen crash 101 (31) "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" occurs while loading Windows if the CPU multiplier is set to anything above 25x. The same blue screen also occurs during gaming if the clock speed is higher than 2200MHz (22x multiplier).

first occurred: after 5 months of regular computer use, one day it randomly occurred while watching a youtube video.

System spec:
Rosewill RD450-2-DB 450W ATX V2.2 Power Supply
AMD A8-3850 APU (currently stable at 2.2 GHz :()
Windows 7 x64 (also tried Windows XP on separate HDD)
2x WDC 2500AAKX Sata 6.0gb/s 250GB
Asus F1A75-M Pro motherboard (also tried ECS A75F-M2 with same results)
Corsair CMX4GXM2B1600C9 2x2GB 9-9-9-24 1.5v DDR1600 @ 1333MHz
xfx radeon 6670 1GB

I've tried increasing voltages and increasing load line calibration and various other ASUS bios settings to no avail. The computer will only run perfectly stable at 2.2 GHz (down from default clock of 2.9 GHz)

I believe I have narrowed down the cause to faulty PSU (although voltages are nominal...) or faulty CPU (although temps never get higher than 55ºC).
Thoughts?

another interesting problem: If I leave the multiplier at 22x and try to change the base clock from 100 to anything higher to help achieve higher CPU frequency (while maintaining proper RAM speed), the system will not detect any of my SATA drives and thus will not boot windows

if you are running ACHI then this is perfectly normal that you wouldn't be able to boot at higher than 100bclk. Its a known problem with the a75 chipset.

are you using hybrid sli? are you running a current version of the bios, as the stock versions on most of these boards are riddled with early release bugs. anything before about october of last year i think for that board still has some serious issues.

Back