• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advise on the i5-3570k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ran aida64 for 11 mins until this pomp out. What is that? Does it mean OC fail? Please help.

Edit:

While I was browsing the web I got blue screen. I reset the cmos, left everything back on auto, except I set extreme memory profile to 1 then cpu to 4.2ghz. I hope thats okay for now.

Last edited:
Ok here, all I changed on bios is cpu ratio for 4.2ghz and extreme memory profile 1, everything else auto.

Here is an screenshot at full load

2iqlj0w.png.jpg

Also, I just updated the bios to the latest beta version, I hope that helps to achieve 4.5ghz. Will check back here tommorow, I g2g. Thank you :)

How can I get my system at 4.5ghz? Since I've been getting blue screens at that speed should I consider running memtest86+? Or since I updated to beta bios, I should try 4.5ghz at 1.3vcore again?

It totally depends on the chip. If you are stable where you are and only change the cpu voltage & multi, it's a safe bet when you aren't stable any more it will be due to the cpu overclock. I'd set vcore to 1.3v and then raise the multiplier one step at a time. Test for stability and raise again until it crashes.

Aiight, roger.

I will do that hookie, not now. Maybe this afternoon, I'll just update this thread.

Thank you.

No need to reset the CMOS unless it won't boot. You seem to be doing it every time you get a BSOD.

Personally, I'd run the RAM at 1600MHz until you're sure the CPU is stable at the speed and volts you're shooting for. Then crank up the RAM speed.

Figures that my AIDA64 free trial edition has expired. Can I use the latest P95 instead or any other program?

Okay guys so here is what happened.

I've did what hookie said; set the vcore to 1.3v in the bios then increase multiplier, test, if ok test increase multiplier. Here are the results 100% load:

At 4.3ghz vcore was at 1.236v - stabled for 15mins p95 blend no errors or warnings, highest temps was at 67 degrees celcuis.
At 4.4ghz vcore was at 1.284v - stabled for 20mins p95 blend no errors or warnings, highest temps was at 75 degrees celcuis.
At 4.5ghz if I run p95 blend = BSOD, so I went back to bios and set multiplier back to 44=4.4ghz

What should I do now guys?

Enable LLC so you don't get vcore vdroop. Then go for 4.5GHz

The levels are (from highest to lowest):
Extreme, Turbo, High, Medium, Low, and Standard. Selecting a higher level keeps the Vcore more consistent

Last edited:
Enable LLC so you don't get vcore vdroop. Then go for 4.5GHz

The levels are (from highest to lowest):
Extreme, Turbo, High, Medium, Low, and Standard. Selecting a higher level keeps the Vcore more consistent

Thanks for helping out man, but I think I'm stopping here.

I dropped the vcore to 1.285v in the bios. Then, I ran p95 blend for about 30mins and it passed no errors nor warnings; however, highest temp were at 84 degrees celcuis. cpu-z vcore was showing at some point steady at 1.260v and 1.272v.

I dont plant to go any further as far as temps goes, or should I(hehe:rofl:)?

I am okay here? stabled already?

Here is some SS

2lctft1.png.jpg

vb31s.png.jpg

Oh and I did the testing at the highest temp of the day, I am located at Hawaii so it is humid.

Thanks man:ty:

Those temps are good to stop at. I'm surprised the temps are so high with the cpu cooler you are using.

Back