• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know of a sub $75 itx case w/2 full height expansion slots?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WARDOZER9

Registered
I am trying to piece together an itx gaming/HTPC machine and am having trouble finding a case in my price range with 2x ull height expansion slots. Has anyone run across any currently available itx cases that meet these requirements?

Alternately, what sites can I check out for cases like this? I've checked NewEgg, Superbiiz, Tigerdirect and xoxide but not really sure where else I could look. I also did check ebay but thats a long friggen search with the terms "itx case".

You want TWO full height expansion slots in an ITX case? It makes sense that you're having trouble - ITX spec is one expansion slot.

^ Indeed - ITX spec = 1 PCI/PCIe expansion slot, and maybe a Mini-PCIe.

However, if all you need is a single PCIe x16 slot to house a "dual slot" Graphics card, then the single PCIe slot in ITX will do just fine ;) The Silverstone Sugo series has my vote :)

The only "SFF" setups I'm familiar with that have dual electrical PCIe slots are the newer Shuttles (entire "Barebones" systems). These are generally a x16 and a x1 or similar. As a bonus, some of the new Shuttle SFF cases will also work with ITX MoBo's (no longer proprietary as they were in the past)...

:cool:

It's sounds like he just wants an mITX case that has two expansion slots, for the board's single PCI-e slot. Big video cards take two expansion slots.

Not in that price range I'm afraid. There's a few out there, but you'll need to bump up the budget a tad.
My Lian Li PC-Q08B has two slots, $110 last I looked. I got it because my Hauppauge TV tuner has a daughter card with connections out the back.

BTW, a mITX board will fit in a micro-ATX case too.
Plenty of options there. That would give you room to water cool later if you'd like.

Back