• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IEEE 1394 BUS HOST CONTROLLER DRIVER

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DARI9

IEEE 1394 BUS HOST CONTROLLER DRIVER doesn't seem to exist on my system, anyone got a clue were to get ahold of an installation package!!!

SYSTEM=WIN-XP SERVICE PACK 3

Suggestions very much appretiated!!

Regards;
D9

What motherboard do you have?
Is it enabled in the BIOS?
Does it show in the Device Manager?
Do you have any "Unknown devices" in Device Manager?

I'm getting crazy here, i need IEEE 1394 BUS HOST CONTROLLER DRIVER for win-xp!! But i can not find anywhere to download it, anyone that's got a link?
(the driver didn't install automatically with xp,the bus controller is just not installed, nothing shows in device manager, no questionmarks nothing, yes, the firewire cable is o.k, yes i've tried the hot fix from microsoft for sp2, conclusion i need the bus host controller for win xp ieee 1394).
Xp-does not find it, there are no questionmarks in Device manager, and the port isn't even listed.

My cam is a Panasonic NV-DA1EG and connects via firewire.

Everybody told me the drivers should automatically be installed with xp, but they weren't, and with further investigation i am not the only one with this problem, however no one seems to have a solution?!

And yes i've tried the ''hotfix'' for sp2 that microsft provided the last time they made the cams not work, i've checked that the port is on in ''bios'', and i must have restarted the computer 300 times as of now, and yes i even bought a brand new f-wire cable, still the same problem, and yes the cam is working as it should!!
I have an AMD-ATHLON Motherboard from ati, and their forums, and support couldn't suggest a solution either, more than downloading the host bus drivers, which is hard to do when they seem to be nowhere to be found?!
Could someone help with a link for drivers or some other solution if the drivers are not the case....

PLEASE I'M DESPERATE!!!

There is no single driver for "firewire". It depends completely on what controller they are using on the board. That is why I asked what motherboard you have. There are hundreds of "AMD-ATHLON" motherboards -- we would need an exact model number to know what you have. Regardless, if the Device Manager doesn't list the device, it isn't being detected by the operating system and no amount of drivers will get it to work. If the system is older, the controller could be broken.

If you need something to work quickly, get an addon card like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815124057

Either way, you need to chill out. Freaking out about this situation isn't going to make it any easier for you. Posting in caps isn't going to get an answer any quicker, as well.

O.k , sorry 'bout the caps, but why should i buy a card for firewire when i have three ports directly on my computer!! Seems somewhat redundant,and i would in that case have to rip out some other card since i do not have anymore space, so that's no solution for me, however, is there any program or something that can tell you the make of your m-board, i don't have a clue other than it is amd-athlon dual core!!??

Regards
D9

You can use CPU-z to get the motherboard information.

If the operating system can't detect the devices and you are sure that everything is set in the BIOS, I literally cannot think of anything you can do to get them working without adding or replacing parts.

Thanx for the help, i will give the manufacturer of the m-b one more try then i guess i will have to rip something out to use a card!!

Much appretiated, thanx for your time and effort!!
Regards;
D9

http://download.cnet.com/Unknown-Device-Identifier/3000-2086_4-42618.html

This should tell you what chipset and might even provide the hardware ID of the device in question (which can also be found in the device manager properties for the unknown device). If you have the hardware id usually a google search will reveal a chipset package containing the missing driver(s). I'm always surprised by how many people are searching for the exact same driver I am when I do the hardware id search on google! :p

It is very common for add-on components like firewire to not detect automatically and require drivers. Usually if they're built-in to the motherboard the chipset drivers for the motherboard, as thid has explained, will have those drivers.

Thanx alot PINKY,i bow to the master, the prog gave me the make and model although it is unknown in device-m, and i d-loaded the complete chipset and installed it,,,,voila' i suddenly had a IEEE 1394 BUS HOST in device manager, i humbly thank you, and hope i one day can somehow return the favor!!!

Regards;
D9

Back