• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asrock extreme 3 gen 3 ivy bridge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaycx

Hey all i have been in the process of saving up for a new build. My parents bought me an asrock extreme 3 gen 3 mobo at christmas and i have finally saved up enough money to finish my build. But with ivy bridge right around the corner my question is this will i be able to use my asrock mobo with the new ivy bridge i5 3570k? Or will i have to get one of the new p77 motherboards and if i will is it realy worth it or should i just get a 2500k and stick with the asrock?

:welcome:

The board should be compatible with IB, but at this point it's looking like Ivy Bridge won't be a big upgrade unless you have a really good cooling solution.

The 2500K still clocks really well and is a good competitor. I would wait for Ivy Bridge to start selling so we'll see a price drop on 2500K's, then buy. That's my plan.

The 2500K still clocks really well and is a good competitor. I would wait for Ivy Bridge to start selling so we'll see a price drop on 2500K's, then buy. That's my plan.

+1

I'm hoping for the same thing. I have the AsRock Extreme3 Gen3 and it's currently home to a G850 which is actually a very impressive little processor. I'm looking at putting a 2500K in once IB becomes available hoping the price go's down. And if the price doesn't drop then I'll just drop an Ivy I5 3570k in and keep on going. Either one will work in the end.

I'm hoping for the same thing. I have the AsRock Extreme3 Gen3 and it's currently home to a G850 which is actually a very impressive little processor. I'm looking at putting a 2500K in once IB becomes available hoping the price go's down. And if the price doesn't drop then I'll just drop an Ivy I5 3570k in and keep on going. Either one will work in the end.
I've been really happy with my G620, actually. Considering what it cost it's awesome. :thup:

I am with Johan.
I was planning on getting a 3570k, but when I saw how hot these things get, I went for a 2500k (used one, with certified high OC potential) for $150.
The 5GHz/1.47v will compensate the 2/3% per clock increase.

kool looks like consensus il get the 2500k and wait and see how ivy bridge thanks everyone

Back