• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HFM.NET Remote Client Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkyChotik

When I try to add my other folding machine(not on my local network) I type in the IP, and password I assigned the machine, but when I click "test connection" I run into a problem.
I tried allowing my IP specifically, a range of IP's that goes far beyond mine, or just allowing a few IP's around my current one.

The window says "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it <insert IP:port>"

What can I do?

Hi SkyChotik,

So let me be sure I understand what you're saying here... you are trying to connect to a remote client over the internet correct?

This can work... I have a tester who's done it. So... let's dig further.

In FAHControl on the remote machine: have you allowed the public/ISP address of the incoming connection?

On the router in front of the remote machine: have you forwarded port 36330 connections (or other if you're using a non-standard port) to the remote machine?

For sure your firewall would have to be open on port 36330, but that's probably not all.

This can work... I have a tester who's done it. So... let's dig further.

In FAHControl on the remote machine: have you allowed the public/ISP address of the incoming connection?

On the router in front of the remote machine: have you forwarded port 36330 connections (or other if you're using a non-standard port) to the remote machine?

I don't have access to the router at the other house, is that a problem? I do have the port un-blocked, but I can't do port-forwarding.

You know of course, that answering your questions is going to make us all absolute geniuses, don't you?

Unless it drives us mad, before that! :p

(You do have the right guys to talk with about it though).

You know of course, that answering your questions is going to make us all absolute geniuses, don't you?

Unless it drives us mad, before that! :p

(You do have the right guys to talk with about it though).

I know, right! :popcorn:
I have enough of them to throw around for ages, and hey, isn't that what nice forums are for?

Yep... you've found your first barrier. Definitely need to have the port forwarding done on the router you're trying to connect through. So, in that sense, the error message makes complete sense. "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

Back