Registered

Help me find the right GPU with this PSU

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...9/product.html

PSU is 500 watt
    Model: Xtreme Gear XG-500

I obviously can't roll with this GT 520. Help please =]

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    My advice is to roll with the GT 520 until you can afford a better PSU, and then to upgrade that first.
    I can find no reviews for that unit (not a good sign!) and plenty of people having issues that went away when that unit was replaced.
    I wouldn't increase the load you're putting on it one bit.

Something in the $50-70 range from Antec, Corsair, Seasonic or any of the other usual suspects (the stickies in this section have a nice list) will let you use all sorts of fun GPUs.

As it stands you have the right GPU for that PSU in my opinion.

I'm sure this is exactly what you don't want to hear, but I would far rather annoy you by saying it than see you buy a shiny new GPU and have the PSU fail and kill it, along with everything else plugged into your PSU!

Lastly, welcome to overclockers.com!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Registered
    ^ Thanks for the help.Definitely sucks since CyberPC does one of the best wiring jobs I've ever seen. What power supply should I throw in there if I want to upgrade to a Gtx 560 ti? (Mobo doesn't support 2 video cards, just looking to max one out)

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    I'd say this is the winner, good price, good PSU, plenty for a GTX560Ti and FX-4100.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139026
    If you're feeling expansive, this is an even better unit with plenty of room for any OCing you might want to do: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151094
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Registered
    I should mention that my case is is the Thermaltake Command Mid-Tower and my mobo is micro ATX. Will I need a Micro ATX psu?

I'd grab a 7850 over a gtx 560 ti. Not sure on pricing wherever you are. I'm on my phone too so.. anyways yeah a 7850 over the gtx 560 ti any day. A corsair cx v2 430 w would suit you fine. Or an Antec Neo Eco 450w unit. That's if you went with the 7850 because it only requires a single 6 pin connector. Though you still won't be maxing out the psu at all..

Nope, normal old ATX PSU will work fine.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
    If you're feeling expansive, this is an even better unit with plenty of room for any OCing you might want to do: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151094
    I was thinking of this one but doesn't it needs a 6x2 connector or something to connect to the Gtx 560 ti?

The 560 Ti will come with a Molex to PCIe adapter.