• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me find the right GPU with this PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My advice is to roll with the GT 520 until you can afford a better PSU, and then to upgrade that first.
I can find no reviews for that unit (not a good sign!) and plenty of people having issues that went away when that unit was replaced.
I wouldn't increase the load you're putting on it one bit.

Something in the $50-70 range from Antec, Corsair, Seasonic or any of the other usual suspects (the stickies in this section have a nice list) will let you use all sorts of fun GPUs.

As it stands you have the right GPU for that PSU in my opinion.

I'm sure this is exactly what you don't want to hear, but I would far rather annoy you by saying it than see you buy a shiny new GPU and have the PSU fail and kill it, along with everything else plugged into your PSU!

Lastly, welcome to overclockers.com!

^ Thanks for the help.Definitely sucks since CyberPC does one of the best wiring jobs I've ever seen. What power supply should I throw in there if I want to upgrade to a Gtx 560 ti? (Mobo doesn't support 2 video cards, just looking to max one out)

I should mention that my case is is the Thermaltake Command Mid-Tower and my mobo is micro ATX. Will I need a Micro ATX psu?

I'd grab a 7850 over a gtx 560 ti. Not sure on pricing wherever you are. I'm on my phone too so.. anyways yeah a 7850 over the gtx 560 ti any day. A corsair cx v2 430 w would suit you fine. Or an Antec Neo Eco 450w unit. That's if you went with the 7850 because it only requires a single 6 pin connector. Though you still won't be maxing out the psu at all..

Back