• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ssd sata 2 performance ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jshake

Can anyone tell me what read and write speeds should be for a Corsair Force gt sata 3 ssd , If used on a Sata 2 controller. I have a older Hp e9120y desktop ( used as spare computer ). I had a Corsair Force Gt 60gb ssd laying around , not being used. I put this ssd in the Hp computer. I checked the alignment ( 1024 )
and As Ssd shows 1024K OK ( Green ). Speeds seem really slow:
Read:
Seq- 133.06 MB/s
4k- 18.92 MB/s
4k-64Thrd- 58.31 MB/s
Acc.time- 0.0217 ms

Write:
Seq- 92.06 MB/s
4K- 47.08 MB/s
4K-64Thrd- 74.88 MB/s
Acc.time- 0.234 ms

Total Score = 274
Read= 91
Write=131
Do these scores seem normal for sata 2 or are they way off.
jshake

Those seem low, you should be maxing out around 225-250 on SATA2. What program are you using for benching?
Try using crystal disk benchmark.

Yeh, That was what I was thinking. I have used ATTO , Crystal Disk and As Ssd. The funny thing is , I have done all the tweeks , Alignment checks out. I have tried every port. The only thing I can think of is , That Hp used a Nvida controller and that may have something to do with it. Or the ssd was cloned from a Hdd instead of a clean install. I am going to try a clean install next to see if that makes any difference.
jshake

Yeh, That was what I was thinking. I have used ATTO , Crystal Disk and As Ssd. The funny thing is , I have done all the tweeks , Alignment checks out. I have tried every port. The only thing I can think of is , That Hp used a Nvida controller and that may have something to do with it. Or the ssd was cloned from a Hdd instead of a clean install. I am going to try a clean install next to see if that makes any difference.
jshake
There's your problem. Nvidia controller plus SSD has never equaled good performance or stability.

Back