• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CC "To Do" for the Weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adak

It's calm - no movement - for most of the year. Then it starts, with just the slightest trickle of points.

CCJustATrickle.PNG

Later to become a mighty tsunami! :clap:

One chore for this weekend - clean out your folders. The CC will start later this year, and the temps will be quite a bit higher than normal for the CC, and definitely higher than they are now.

<< Clean your rigs! >>

We're waiting on the web admin guy. He's still a ???. (Yes Shelnutt, I told 'em about your offer, but they really want last years site.)

We expect it to start on May 15th, and run for the normal 10 days.

Unfortunately, still requiring the name change to T32monkeys. During the voting in the teams, (which I requested), I was surprised at how many folders liked it because it made them feel like they were really "in" the race, instead of just watching one.

GTX-580 -- :thup:

^^^^ We'd love to have you race with us the rest of the 10 days!

I will help out... (looking for info here now...) but why would temps go up? Different WU's or something?

Folding@Home is very computationally intensive. The cores (that actually do the folding), have thousands of hours of optimization put into them.

To All New or Returning Folders:

Getting a good start is easy:

1). Our download site with step by step instructions for the new V7 folding client:
https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/FAHClient/

And click on the "download" logo. Then choose the client for your operating system.

For Windows users, V7 uses a set up wizard:
View attachment 105031

2). Get a passkey from Stanford, and a name that is unique on our team. Having two folders using the same handle, on the same team, is confusing.
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

If you don't get a passkey, you WILL be missing out on a lot of points.

3). Our team number is 32, and our team stats are here:
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=32

Search for your folding name, using the search tool, on the left hand side of that page. Your results will show only AFTER you have begun returning results. Bookmark your page! :thup:

The stats site is updated every three hours. Stanford F@Home needs about 1 hour to process your returned work unit (wu). More up-to-date data, is here:
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userstats

For the race, we'll be changing over to our racing folding name:

T32monkeys

And using a passkey that is qualified for all bonus points, but that's an easy change to make later. Screenshot pictures in the links make it pretty pain-free.

And :welcome:

Sorry, not a F@H novice... I thought there was a difference in the WU's in this challenge vs regular F@H. :)

So we will all be using the same qualified passkey and name? When will we be getting the passkey?

Sorry, not a F@H novice... I thought there was a difference in the WU's in this challenge vs regular F@H. :)

I know. I've seen your name in the folding list on EOC, and using my program for Milestones.

But, things have changed with the new V7 client, new projects, etc.

So we will all be using the same qualified passkey and name? When will we be getting the passkey?

The name will be T32monkeys

That's for sure, and the spelling and case must be EXACT. T32Monkeys is NO GOOD, for instance.

Qualified Passkeys will be given out in the next few days.

The name will be T32monkeys

That's for sure, and the spelling and case must be EXACT. T32Monkeys is NO GOOD, for instance.

Qualified Passkeys will be given out in the next few days.

Just so I don't get confused, one passkey to rule them (T32monkeys) all ??

Just so I don't get confused, one passkey to rule them (T32monkeys) all ??

We usually get a few. Some have their own passkeys already qualified, as well.

So, more than one passkey, but not nearly as many as we'd normally use while folding.

Kind of sucks that they are going to start on the 15th. I will probably be out for 21 days this time, so this will severely limit my ability to help for the contest. If it were starting on the 5th like it was supposed to, I would have just fired off all my systems under the T32monkeys name, but that ain't gonna happen now. Hopefully I will get in on the tail end of the contest to help out.:(

You all really need to just start a new contest or something instead of this (unprintable) mess the monkey contest has turned into.:(

Kind of sucks that they are going to start on the 15th. I will probably be out for 21 days this time, so this will severely limit my ability to help for the contest. If it were starting on the 5th like it was supposed to, I would have just fired off all my systems under the T32monkeys name, but that ain't gonna happen now. Hopefully I will get in on the tail end of the contest to help out.:(

You all really need to just start a new contest or something instead of this (unprintable) mess the monkey contest has turned into.:(

That very thought has been on my mind. There was no way that any race would NOT become a mess however, given the changes that needed to be made in the race, and the organization of the CC captains. No chairman, no race director, and all volunteers with little experience == big problems.

Believe it or not, the web site for it, is still not sorted out. :shock:

We'll see how it goes though. In April, they got a fair amount of work done. Just too late to have it start on the 5th, unfortunately.

Appreciate your help, when you can.

One chore for this weekend - clean out your folders. The CC will start later this year, and the temps will be quite a bit higher than normal for the CC, and definitely higher than they are now.

<< Clean your rigs! >>

O.K., rig cleaned.

mtcase.jpg

...waiting for X79 motherboard & E5-2650 to arrive. ;)

I'll try and get a few point into the race but it'll be difficult to change over as all my borgs are in Ireland and I only have a laptop here in Cali. Might be able to borg brother-in-laws q6600 since I just fixed it up
borgsmiley.gif
Other than that I need a miracle to get a good folding rig going in 2 weeks :p

Thanks to benbaked for reminding me abut the cool folding borg smilies

Great to have you with us, Cultie - whatever you can add in points. YOU were instrumental in bringing a large portion of the Rosetta team over, and pulling our fat out of the fire last year, with just one post.

Just like an Irishman - must have kissed the Blarney stone! :D

@ihrsetrdr: THAT is certainly clean! :D

Back