• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Z77 for OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FS how did i not think of that pleaseeeeee, ill give you a thanks in every post i see you post in if i get to nab that off you!? :p

pass on both, spend under $200 and you'll get a board that will be able to OC your chip just as well. Really pricey "enthusiast" mobos seem to be a bit illogical nowadays. waste of cash if you ask me

pass on both, spend under $200 and you'll get a board that will be able to OC your chip just as well. Really prices "enthusiast" mobos seem to be a bit illogical nowadays. waste of cash if you ask me

Couldn't agree more. The MVG is a steal at 199.99

Couldn't agree more. The MVG is a steal at 199.99

Agreed, but where did you find it for $199? Cheapest [mainstream stores] I can find it is $204 at superbiiz or 209 at newegg (ignoring some possibly shady dealers)

Granted, in the grand scheme of things what is $10 extra dollars.

Agreed, but where did you find it for $199? Cheapest [mainstream stores] I can find it is $204 at superbiiz or 209 at newegg (ignoring some possibly shady dealers)

Granted, in the grand scheme of things what is $10 extra dollars.

Newegg just upped the price to 209.99

6 of one, half dozen of the other in that class Diaz. Choose your poison. :)

If it was my money, MVG.

Well IB isn't what I was hoping for, as far as OC abilities; mayb this will change by the time i'm ready to buy (new batches with soldier?) it looks like a good board is all you need, nothing exotic. can't decide if IB is what I want, or IB-E; or who even knows, but need to end the update craze at some point. considering I'm only gonna SLI GTX680HC, I might not need all the throughput of s2011.

well this is what I'm considering to hold me over for now, can't really see reason to go above the $170-200 range; and due to my HUGE case i was looking at a ATX vs micro/mini. i'm trying to work with a red/black theme; this is close.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295

paired with a 3770k. :)

6 of one, half dozen of the other in that class Diaz. Choose your poison. :)

If it was my money, MVG.

Yeah i think thats what im going to do.. MVG w an mATX case. Probably a TJ08 w/H80 as a cooler for the 3770k. It would be tight with the H80, but should fit. Provably going to OC around 4.5, since everything goes crazy right after that.. lol

Back