• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3770K GIGABYTE UD5H WB 4.7OC 1.21v H-100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whats the limit if I want to keep it running for a few more years? :D

Too much voltage will degrade the cpu, will it not?

Limit I would say if your looking to run a system clean stay under 1.40v

best bet 1.37v see what your cpu will do and what temps your runing at under load.

I just loaded another chip on a G1 Sniper 3 and it seems rather good on AIR, I have a old Tunqui Tower just slapped on top no mount and temps are idle around 38c hottest core @ 4.88 with 1.355v under full load 70c but thats AIR so cant expect it to take load all that good.

most chips I found will do 4.8 to 5.0 or close to it with good temps on say a H100 with good low volts.

Once I get it I'll put the multiplier on 45, vcore on 1.35, check the stability and work my way up from there, I probably won't go any further than 1.37, but I do read about a lot of people running it on 1.4 constantly.

BTW: What's this LLC deal? The last I OC'ed something was an i7 920 I didn't see any option like that.

Once I get it I'll put the multiplier on 45, vcore on 1.35, check the stability and work my way up from there, I probably won't go any further than 1.37, but I do read about a lot of people running it on 1.4 constantly.

BTW: What's this LLC deal? The last I OC'ed something was an i7 920 I didn't see any option like that.

LLC= load line calabration can help stable along w vcore but can increase temps, see my bios screens to work from!

I would run stock and see where you can get to w multi before just chucking vcore and a 45 multi might be very suprised!! once you reach the limit that way then apply vcore as you move up and start w 1.25v not 1.35 slow steady is best.

LLC= load line calabration can help stable along w vcore but can increase temps, see my bios screens to work from!

I would run stock and see where you can get to w multi before just chucking vcore and a 45 multi might be very suprised!! once you reach the limit that way then apply vcore as you move up and start w 1.25v not 1.35 slow steady is best.

1.25 is the stock vcore?

BTW: What's your take is the 3770k worth +25€ over the 2700k?

Last edited:
1.25 is the stock vcore?

BTW: What's your take is the 3770k worth +25€ over the 2700k?

the cpu draws less at stock settings auto you will see, stock you can run at 1.0v or less.

As far as whats worth what I'm a not so good at when cost is a factor personaly if your

building a system for long duration I would go with the IB as it does preform better and will be more saleable when you ready again than the 2700k.

Tough call work in your budget!

Both are in my budget but I was leaning towards the 3770k because of the PCIe 3, I'm currently using a GTX 680 but later down the road if I decide to go SLI, then both slots would run @ 8x PCIe 3 which is 16x PCIe 2, no bandwidth would be lost.

On the other hand the 2700k will overclock better I hear and at max overclock the 2700k will outperform the 3770k, I don't know if this is true though because no chip is the same.

Both are in my budget but I was leaning towards the 3770k because of the PCIe 3, I'm currently using a GTX 680 but later down the road if I decide to go SLI, then both slots would run @ 8x PCIe 3 which is 16x PCIe 2, no bandwidth would be lost.

On the other hand the 2700k will overclock better I hear and at max overclock the 2700k will outperform the 3770k, I don't know if this is true though because no chip is the same.

I'm not a gamer so ED would know better, I can just tell you what benching will do better clock for clock :)

He should start his own thread to get the best answers. We will be happy to help him in an appropriate thread. :)

Back