• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help choose PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CAPiTAL

Registered
Hey...I haven't looked much into my PSU I put into my PC which was a pretty big mistake being that it limits me (I can't OC my graphics) and I want to make sure my new power supply won't blow out and take some parts with it because right now I got a terrible ULTRA LSP 650w.

I NEED A SOLID HIGH PERFORMANCE PSU. I wanna future proof this PSU so ima get more juice then what I need ATM but i AM UPGRADING TO MORE THINGS DOWN THE ROAD SO I WANNA JUST BUY THIS GOOD PSU NOW.

REQUIREMENTS:

-Modular (but it can be semi-modular like have the few "mandatory" cables like ATX not modular)

- 80+ Bronze or higher (im sure any good PSU will have this no question)

-700w-800w (my future plans do involve sli 580s just an idea) (water cooling is optional too if i can get away with it with 800w)

- aesthetics. My build scheme is black/blue if it could relate to it that be nice.
LEDs are prefered since I have next to none.

FINAL NOTE:

so just tell me what you think and any suggestions :)

The PSU that I have been looking at is:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121067

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817121076

i'd pay up to $200 for a PSU.

I think that Corsair PSU is just expensive cuz it's profesional, from a few technicians that I know they say they don't see any difference from profesional to enthusiast or gaming.

Actually I think you got me sold on the Corsair PSU's...just dont have a really good look to them. I was looking for one with LEDs cuz I have none in my PC and just wanted a few..got any other suggestions ? Perhaps

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139025

im pretty good with cable management so it being modular isn't too much of a bummer but performance wise any thoughts ?

Last edited:
^^^ I'll put a vote in for the Kingwin Lazer Platinum. My understanding is that this is a SuperFlower based unit so it should be excellent. Likewise, the fan doesn't actually spin up before hitting a certain temp so it will be a nice quiet unit.

I probably should have looked into this before getting this PSU but..does anyone know where to buy aftermarket cables for the Corsiar HX series ? I wanted either individual sleeved cables or just sleeved. these don't come with either.

The HX series is semi but the cables that are attached are 24pin and cpu so it's not like it's useless cords. but i wanna thank people replied to this for the help :)

so after I got the PSU today and got it in there. this is what it looks likes just in case anyone was wondering...

OLD
photo1.jpg

NEW
photo.jpg

I like it for the unique design. I had to choose between that and the raven, ended with phantom

Back