• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this fit (1st build)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bbev

Greetings,

I am looking for some guidance and to make sure everything fits.

I am getting a fan/heatsink for my FX 8120 Black Edition 3.1GHz Eight-Core Socket AM3+ Processor, I am going to be doing a mild overclock to get it to 4.

Cant decide between these two coolers, anyone else have a recommendation in this price range please let me know.

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/AM3+

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7

My Rig

RAIDMAX AEOLUS ATX-818WB Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

M5A97 Socket AM3+ 970 ATX AMD Motherboard

EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I would like it to not block the other two RAM slots if that could even be an issue because I will be going to 16GB soon if not when I actually build this rig.

Also I will be putting a fan on the side of the window in my case as well as the bottom front slot.

Thanks!

how much you spending because for £40 i dont know how many dollars that is you can get insane liquid cooling.

how much you spending because for £40 i dont know how many dollars that is you can get insane liquid cooling.

40 pounds is about $60. Exactly what do you mean by insane liquid cooling, because $60 would get you something like an H60 which is very meh.

The coolers that he's looking at are in the $20/10 pound range.

Either one of those are great. The Evo is the newer revision and performs ever so slightly better.

$60 will buy you below capable watercooling which is beat by over 10 air cooling heatsinks at $60 or less.

Guess that was an impulse post.

Show me by link one $60 watercooling setup that is better than a $30 shipped 212.:rofl:

I may be mistaken but a friend of mine has this http://www.cclonline.com/product/37...ystems-Eco-A-L-C-Watercooling-System/UAC0026/ he claims it is amazing, but im not sure personally i dont see what is wrong with it but anyway for £20 i bought myself an old am2 cooler and got a new holder thing so the clips would go in which cost 60p and ive noticed cooling from 80 degrees down to 60 at load, also get some thermal paste the stuff that came with my fx 6100 was terrible and there wasnt much applied.

I may be mistaken but a friend of mine has this http://www.cclonline.com/product/37...ystems-Eco-A-L-C-Watercooling-System/UAC0026/ he claims it is amazing, but im not sure personally i dont see what is wrong with it but anyway for £20 i bought myself an old am2 cooler and got a new holder thing so the clips would go in which cost 60p and ive noticed cooling from 80 degrees down to 60 at load, also get some thermal paste the stuff that came with my fx 6100 was terrible and there wasnt much applied.

Link is bad, retry, I'm curious.

NM, I figured it out. Yep, the low end Coolit. It's not amazing in any way. And that site you linked to has aluminum CPU blocks from the OLD Zalman kits, which are also not amazing and ultimately bad and will corrode the loop. Hang out, look at some Wc pics in the WC forum and see real watercooling, it's fun!

Try this Place for stuff, the site you linked to has no good watercooling parts except some tubing. There are a lot better sites in the UK for WC.

Sidewinders, Performance PC, Frozen CPU, Jabtech.

ohhh right fair enough im currently looking at this http://www.cclonline.com/product/80...te-Performance-Triple-Fan-CPU-Cooler/CLR0423/ is it any good for an amd fx 6100 what changes will i notice ???

Umm, in this forum there are stickies to help you see what's good. You should also do some work yourself and look for reviews of any cooler you want to buy first, it's smarter to do it yourself, you also learn a lot on your own.

Put into Google:

Zalman CNPS12X Ultimate Performance Triple Fan CPU Cooler CNPS12X REVIEW

Here, it was easy.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/zalman-cnps12x.html

Yes you will see changes, lots of them. What exactly I have no idea dude, every system is different.

Last edited:

Sorry to say, but that's meh...

Back