• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just When I was about to Trash NewEgg...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CreePinG_DeatH

I had placed an order for 2 Samsung 830 128GB SSD's at Newegg for $170 each, and then entered in the promo code for an additional %15 off: $288.98 shipped. Unfortunately, I mistyped the shipping address so the order wouldn't pass authorization. I canceled the order went to re-order the items.

Within this 3-second window of time, the price for these SSD's jumped to $249 EACH. Was I ticked... With the new Price and promo, the total would have been $424.98 - a big difference.

As I logged in to OCF to complain, I also opened up a window to Chat with a NewEgg Rep. He explained how the prices are "real-time" and not guaranteed; however, since I was a longtime customer, they would issue me a refund for the difference if I placed an order at the new price! It took 4 seconds, no bickering or complaining, just explained the situation and DONE. Great Job NewEgg!

Good for them. I find that more often than not with a lot of companies, simply asking helps a lot. They're usually willing to work to make a sale, and the worst that happens is that you waste a few minutes asking.

I bought a 128GB 830 right before the Memorial day sale dropped the price to $109. Realized the price had fallen like $20 in a couple days so talked to a newegg rep and they refunded the difference. I've taken to shopping on eBay or Amazon for alot of stuff, but I still get various parts on Newegg even if the prices are a little higher because I haven't really ever had a bad experience with their service.

I made an order on 5/28, decided to do the cheap shipping this time around. -free I think.
Not sure, what ever the cheapest is.

Anyway, Ships out DHL on the 29th. Then the tracking number is never entered into the system.
I send them an e-mail asking where in the Heck is my order as it is lost as far as I can tell.

The appologise and give me a song, saying the entry is delayed. Been 2 days and it finally shows as delivered.
Over all shipping time 7 days total.

Well, last time I do the cheap shipping thing.
I think my stuff is at my door now waiting for me. (I hope)

Now - 2 days after I ordered at the Egg, I make an order at Jab tech.
Goes through, has tracking, is being delivered today also.
No special shipping, just good service. and 2 DAYS FASTER.
No extra charge.

Thank you John @ Jabtech.

Just my .02

That's more of a reflection on DHL than on Newegg. The "Egg Saver" option has an additional 1-2 days' delay as they hand it off to USPS for final delivery.

I select that option only when I do not care how long it takes, and always pay the $2-3 for UPS 3-day otherwise.

If I order from newegg on Tuesday afternoon, my stuff is here Wednesday afternoon using the free shipping through UPS.

Also I ordered a surround sound system and I noticed about 4 weeks later the price dropped by $50, so I went to live chat and they gave me a $25 credit on my next purchase.

I recently contacted newegg over a similar thing and the customer service rep was very helpful, prompt, and professional. I had not contacted newegg in a long time and reading some horror stories people have had I was skeptical that they would do anything, but they came through without a hitch. Thank you very much Catherine in Newegg's Customer Service if you ever read this!

I will trash newegg for having the audacity to list the 2600k on Black Friday at the SAME price. lol it was absurd! I never had a customer service issue that wasn't resolved, but since they are not dealing as much as they used to I'm sure their focus on customer service will deteroriate with time. Does anybody else feel like Newegg has provided less and less incentive to make anyone want to jump on a deal?

Back