• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge (3770K & 3570K) Results and Discussion thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
Ivy Bridge's 3770k and 3570k hit the shelves ealy this morning, so please post your results and experience here.

I just got these and very excited:

Attachments

• 20120429_114148.jpg
    20120429_114148.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,420
  • 20120429_110835.jpg
    20120429_110835.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,298
Last edited:
Just installed a 3770k into my MIVE. Will post back with results.

Sweet! Will order soon depending on results :)

Oh who am I kidding... will order regardless.. :D

My first impression is that IB overclock and temps seem okay for daily type useage. Booted into windows at 45x and then decided to test 46x which was a common 24/7 "crunching" overclock for me with SB cpus. Vcore set to 1.35v in BIOS with vdroop enabled (my combo droops to ~1.25v load) also running on die graphics with a voltage bump at 1.3v... all other voltages at default and dram at 1.5v. Cooling is under water via XSPC RX240 on an open air bench. Ambient temp is ~21.5C. Batch#3208C060

BiostarTZ77XE43570K46GHzPrimelargeFFT.png

Last edited:
PolRoger, yeah those are good temps.

Will be interesting to see IVY temps with and without HT on some of these.

My first impression is that IB overclock and temps seem okay for daily type useage. Booted into windows at 45x and then decided to test 46x which was a common 24/7 "crunching" overclock for me with SB cpus. Vcore set to 1.35v in BIOS with vdroop enabled (my combo droops to ~1.25v load) also running on die graphics with a voltage bump at 1.3v... all other voltages at default and dram at 1.5v. Cooling is under water via XSPC RX240 on an open air bench. Ambient temp is ~21.5C.

BiostarTZ77XE43570K46GHzPrimelargeFFT.png

Real nice temps under water. These are with a Venom X

4500.png

At 4.7Ghz and 1.36v i'm getting upper 80C/low 90C. Had to reseat my heatsink as the old position yielded much higher temps

Only way i get high temps is with IBT. Gaming i'm in the upper 60C's and idle's in the low 30C's

Okay some initial results on the 3770k on my MIVE BIOS 3208 (with a Venomous-X cooler). Ambient temps in my office at 24C +/- 1-2C

Maximum temperatures after 2 hours of blend at stock was 58C

I turned off the PC after that and decided to go for 4.5ghz (45x100) tried at 1.2 and it wouldn't get into Windows, went to 1.25 and it booted right up. Ran through Prime95 for an hour and maxed out on the hottest core @ 84C.

I have now rebooted and turned off HT (basically turning it into a glorified 3570k) and am watching the temps. It looks to be hitting a max around 73-74 78C.

So overall not bad, I haven't had a chance to do any real benching with it yet. I think I will be waiting until I can take it cold and maybe even until I have a Z77 board.

A few issues that I have run into:
The MIVE does not appear to like working with the CPU and my RAM (2x2GB Gskill DDR3-2200 CAS7 - in sig). I can't get the PC to boot consistently at DDR3-2000 [gives what I assume is an IMC error]. It will boot OK at DDR-1866, but that isn't what I spent $150 on 6 months ago, and it worked just fine with my 2600k. I have another set of 2x4GB DDR3-1600 sticks, but wanted to try my benching ones first.

Here's hoping for another BIOS updating that may fix the RAM issue :shrug: otherwise I am waiting for the Maximus V Formula to come out.

One other issue was when my OS would boot both of my monitors would go into power save mode. I had to reboot multiple times to have them have a chance at booting properly. I then went into safe mode and uninstalled them and tried reinstalling in Windows. Upon the next reboot the same issue happened. So far the only solution I have had is to let M$/Windows install them itself instead of the ones I downloaded directly from nVidia (apparently Win7x64 installs the 290.** drivers) - haven't had the sleep mode issue since doing this.

Okay some initial results on the 3770k on my MIVE BIOS 3208 (with a Venomous-X cooler). Ambient temps in my office at 24C +/- 1-2C

Maximum temperatures after 2 hours of blend at stock was 58C

I turned off the PC after that and decided to go for 4.5ghz (45x100) tried at 1.2 and it wouldn't get into Windows, went to 1.25 and it booted right up. Ran through Prime95 for an hour and maxed out on the hottest core @ 83C.

I have now rebooted and turned off HT (basically turning it into a glorified 3570k) and am watching the temps. It looks to be hitting a max around 73-74C.

So overall not bad, I haven't had a chance to do any real benching with it yet. I think I will be waiting until I can take it cold and maybe even until I have a Z77 board.

A few issues that I have run into:
The MIVE does not appear to like working with the CPU and my RAM (2x2GB Gskill DDR3-2200 CAS7 - in sig). I can't get the PC to boot consistently at DDR3-2000 [gives what I assume is an IMC error]. It will boot OK at DDR-1866, but that isn't what I spent $150 on 6 months ago, and it worked just fine with my 2600k. I have another set of 2x4GB DDR3-1600 sticks, but wanted to try my benching ones first.

Here's hoping for another BIOS updating that may fix the RAM issue :shrug: otherwise I am waiting for the Maximus V Formula to come out.

One other issue was when my OS would boot both of my monitors would go into power save mode. I had to reboot multiple times to have them have a chance at booting properly. I then went into safe mode and uninstalled them and tried reinstalling in Windows. Upon the next reboot the same issue happened. So far the only solution I have had is to let M$/Windows install them itself instead of the ones I downloaded directly from nVidia (apparently Win7x64 installs the 290.** drivers) - haven't had the sleep mode issue since doing this.

Edit - Nevermind you have a MIVE :)

I had one core error while running at 1.35v vcore in BIOS. I installed an old GTX 260 to remove the graphics component out of the o.c. equation and bumped vcore to 1.36v in BIOS (LLC disabled). I was able to sucessfully run Prime blend for 2+ hrs. My initial impression is that this particular 3570K sample is more of ~ 45x/46x chip. Open air bench and cooling is under water with an XSPC RX240 rad. Ambient temp ~21C. Batch# 3208C060

Edit: Added a 47x screen shot...

Prime blend (v26.6) load @46x:
BiostarTZ77XE4i53570K46GHzPrimeblendload.png

Prime blend (v27.6) load@47x:
i53570K47Ghz5.png

Last edited:
if any of you are experiencing issues with oc not seeming to clock where it should. dont be afraid to experiment with different ram chips. I am running an asrock z77 ext6 and couldnt get a boot past 5200, or even get it to run past there with my 2600k. I swapped to the gskill 2133cl9 rams and it boots at 55 now, that was a struggle with the asus p67 pro board. with my gskill 2133cl7 rams not pretty for oc though

Ran this the other day on H-100 ambient temps 27.7c or 82F in Florida AC was off.

[email protected]

LINX.JPG

I have run a bunch of benching the last 2 weeks and found they get HOT over 5.3 or so.

@ "T&B"

Your 3770K sample looks pretty good. :thup:

My 3570K chip seems to only do 45x with similar vcore (load) settings.

Those are some good temps on water.

"Unclewebb" may need to tweak a new revision of RealTemp for IB?? I've now noticed that RealTemp seems to be reporting lower temps than Core Temp. I've always found them to be quite similar when reporting temps for SB gen. cpus.

WCG load ~ 6 hrs:
BiostarTZ77XE43570K45GHzWCGload.png

Last edited:
Please post your batch number with your results, not sure if it has any significance but good to have the reference, thanks

Yeah, looks like the TJmax is incorrect in RealTemp 3.7. It's supposed to be 105C, not 98C. So, if you add 7C to your RealTemp readings, you'll be back to matching CoreTemp readings.

Back