• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Gene Owner Resources - BIOS, Guide, Reviews, and Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice review eldonko! You mention the slow mode mod at the end, did you try it? Perhaps you could tell us the benefit and when to use that? I will probably do the mod and mess around with it. Is it similar to slow mode on 1366 that would allow more bclk's when running 2d stuff?

Last edited:
Cheers guys.

xsuperbgx - I didnt try slow mode on the gene because I didnt bench LN2 so it wasnt needed but it works the same as it does on the RIVE. Enabling drops the multi to 12x while you are warming or cooling your pot to help with stability. At higher freq you can lose stability with big temp delta and if you are close to a crash you can drop the multi to tweak so it helps with that too. Just a handy lil tool for sub-zero benchers. :)

Brolloks - I used 0880 in this review but Im on 0075 now.

Nice review eldonko! You mention the slow mode mod at the end, did you try it? Perhaps you could tell us the benefit and when to use that? I will probably do the mod and mess around with it. Is it similar to slow mode on 1366 that would allow more bclk's when running 2d stuff?

FYI mPCIe Combo Card has a dedicated lane attached and allows for simultaneous use of a mPCIE module and mSATA module.

Didnt mention in my review but had someone ask so I figured I would post.

Would you gents recommend this board for someone who just likes to one run top of the line GPU? For some reason I have never gone with a mATX mobo. But since I like to only run 1 GPU, I think this thing will be a beast for me and give me the same benefits the ATX Maximus will have.

Will I gain anything by going with the ATX Maximus later this month??

I believe the only reason to wait for the Formula is if you need a more expansion slots, SATA ports, and USB ports. If the GENE has what you need I wouldnt worry about it.

Some people might like a ps2 port for their keyboard. I had to search around for a usb keyboard. that is the only complaint that I have, though minor.

Thanks Eldonko
I have not had any maximus board before.

Thanks for the heads up el donko. This thread has had the latest bioses updated in the first post each day they've been released... Thanks to you guys. :salute:

0078 purportedly improves 1t ram stability

1.365v for me.

Loc4.png

What settings is everyone using for 4.8Ghz and above? Can't get 4.8Ghz stable. Code 101

Someone tested the new GSkill RAM with Sandy Brigde? What is the "normal" max possible speed thats works 24/7 with not too much RAM Voltage? I am using 2x 4GB GSkill 2133. In the Bios is the only next possible 2400 MHz - is it possible for a Sandy 2600K or maybe more for every Day-use?

Sandy won't do 2400MHz, doesn't like ram frequencies much above 2133 usually. Feel free to start a thread on the topic, unless this is related to ram frequencies on the Maximus V Gene specifically, this thread may not be the best place to get a good variety of input/guidance on your question.

Thanks for Reply. I should asked if its possible with this Board. But I read that higher RAM-Speed is possible with Ivy not Sandy. But I am staying with my Sandy, it´s sad that Ivy is a hot one, also you cut the Head Off. I love this new Gene V, works great. Wating for my new GTX 670, together with the Sandy@ 5GHz its a nice Setup

The board isn't really the limit since the memory controller is on the CPU (outside of BIOS updates for the motherboards to be compatible)

I wasn't able to run any memory with 2400 multi and SB ( 2500K/2600K and Celeron G530 ). I was testing Celeron G530 on M5G that easily can do 2250 CL7 but no boot at all with 2400 multi no matter what timings ( using memory that already passed 3000 with FX and Ivy ).
Even if you have higher memory multi then it doesn't mean that it's working. For example on M5G are multis for 3000 and 3200 but max that is working so far is 2933.

Back