• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Gene Owner Resources - BIOS, Guide, Reviews, and Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
after 3-4h fighting with board I made it work ...
D7 = no keyboard :bang head but it wasn't really related
In last 30 minutes I made maybe 7 times BIOS Flashback and it started to work ...
so it seems that bios crashed while setting too high memory clock , well I passed DDR3-3100 on my RipjawsX just not sure if I have it saved ... will post it later if I find it

good to hear! nice memory speed too.

I am getting a little prep done right now. Then I am off to buy Ln2. I willl try to get a stream up later. Probably late this afternoon.

after 3-4h fighting with board I made it work ...
D7 = no keyboard :bang head but it wasn't really related
In last 30 minutes I made maybe 7 times BIOS Flashback and it started to work ...
so it seems that bios crashed while setting too high memory clock , well I passed DDR3-3100 on my RipjawsX just not sure if I have it saved ... will post it later if I find it

What are those ripjaws rated at?
There are several versions of them I am finding.

DDR3-2133 9-10-9-28 2T 1.50V /PSC , some tests here but on FX8120
this was max saved ~DDR3-3080 10-15-13-30 ... yesterday it passed 3110 but when I reanimated board then RAID on which I had file validation crashed so no screenshot or link to cpuz :rain:
I'm not saying about stability here. For 24/7 work I see no point to use more than 2133 ;)

Most 2133+ RipjawsX 2x2GB are PSC and are clocking almost the same. These that are 2133 8-9-8 are BBSE. Most 2x4GB are Hynix almost the same as RipjawsZ.

Probably later today or tomorrow I will test some ADATA 2000-X/BBSE 2x2GB on M5G. So far I made it boot @2600 9-11-9-28 1T.

Last edited:
I noticed yesterday when playing battlefield 3, that the sound is much better on this motherboard than my last mobo (p55 micro sli EVGA).. Nice crisp high end sound, and sounds even better when plugging my headset in.

Janus67, did you ever figure out your issues with ROG and bclk not changing?

I have the same issue and I am trying to get everything sorted out so that I can use the rest of my LN2.

I have the same problem and I have not figured it out. I haven't heard a report from anyone it is working for actually - everyone I know that has tried it, it hasnt worked for.

And additionally, I can't get muliplier control in rctweakit (rog connect) anymore. I don't know what changed, but multi is not even listed now - only bclk and voltages (volt changes work fine).

I reinstalled rctweakit, installed a fresh OS, I don't know - I think it is broken.

I also found a bug in turbov, as I have been using that since rctweakit is massive fail. If you disable the sensors in turbov settings, then open turbov, it crashes with a dll error and you have to end task and relaunch. You can't disable sensors and still use turbov... I have always done that on every other rog board.

I actually got it to work, just now!
I install chipset drivers and MEI drivers and rog+ on MVG and rc on other pc. Download all for win7 even though I am on xp.

I also have aisuite installed, if that matters :shrug:

For me bclk change in RC is not working on XP or Win7. I have also some other issues in Win XP with ASUS soft overall, AI Suite and some older things for gfx.
I'm trying to set clocks as high as I can in bios and later only correct some in windows but for max valid RC is quite handy as AI Suite is really slow.

Now I noticed that there is 0086 bios ( already posted in this thread ). 0078 is working worse with my memory than 0075 so I will try 0086. I mean like I get much faster 23 or 55 errors.

btw. max valid 110.9 bclk http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2389788
111.0 = won't boot at all

Hmm maybe I should hop on the 0086 and 0075 as I think I skipped them to see if I get better results with my PSC sticks.

Thanks, that may be helpful as well. I'll try on my current bios (forget which one I'm on right now), then switch to match yours if necessary.

I haven't tested it with spi yet. I loaded it up and I was finally able to boot my RAM at 2400 with 7-10-7-27-1T ... for 3 boots. Then I started getting error 23 again and am back to being limited at ddr3-2000, no idea.

I haven't had any time to run the rig lately - no testing on that bios yet from me. The good weather is pulling me outdoors a bit.

I haven't tested it with spi yet. I loaded it up and I was finally able to boot my RAM at 2400 with 7-10-7-27-1T ... for 3 boots. Then I started getting error 23 again and am back to being limited at ddr3-2000, no idea.

23 is IMC error , almost sure that it got some heat and after 3rd boot cpu was already too hot to keep so tight timings ( tRCD 10 @2400 is nice :) ).

I haven't had any time to run the rig lately - no testing on that bios yet from me. The good weather is pulling me outdoors a bit.

I had some nice weather but since a week it's mainly rain :( .
I went to the Luxtorpeda concert last weekend but thats all. It's a Polish band , can check most of their songs on youtube ;) ( I went there without knowing even 1 song so was quite interesting :p ).

Yeah, I know 23 is IMC - maybe it is a heat issue, I have the same problem with 2c/2t though which should be significantly less heat output. Maybe my Ven-X just isn't doing the trick. I'll try unmounting and re-mounting again to see if I get some better temps.

Back