• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Gene Owner Resources - BIOS, Guide, Reviews, and Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What are we running our PLL at guys? Right now i'm testing 1.25v with no issues whatsoever. Intel spec is 1.8v.

I tried 1.7-1.9 on cold, didn't make any difference for what I was testing specifically - no clue what it did to temps as you can't read CPU temps subzero. If its stable though, I've read the lower the better for temps, not sure if anyone has tested the effect of PLL voltage on temps however.

I tried 1.7-1.9 on cold, didn't make any difference for what I was testing specifically - no clue what it did to temps as you can't read CPU temps subzero. If its stable though, I've read the lower the better for temps, not sure if anyone has tested the effect of PLL voltage on temps however.

Thanks IMOG. Its just weird. IBT temps dropped a good 5C by dropping just the PLL. Wish i could go lower...

It seems like each cpu likes other PLL for high clocks. For low clocks it's not big difference. Lower PLL = lower temps so in some cases low PLL = better oc but for high clocks you have to set it higher so you always have to look for some balance. I checked my 3770K with everything between 1.55 and 2.0V and I had best results on SS ( -30C idle was max that I saw, ~5.5GHz ) at about 1.65-1.70V PLL.
MVG can read up to -30*C but from ROG connect and -20*C in BIOS.

Just got my MVG today...two annoyances...

1. I had to update the BIOS to 813 to get my mouse to stop cutting on and off randomly. I was planning on getting the latest anyway so not a huge deal.
  2. The left two RAM slots are DoA...

I had to install 0813 or my mouse would cut on and off randomly every couple of seconds or so.

I don't know if it's only on my board but sometimes when I set too high bclk then I get standard overclocking failed screen, press F1 to enter bios etc ... and then all settings in bios are set to defaults but what's worse all profiles but 1 and 2 are being erased. It happened to me 4 or 5 times already and I lost most my benching profiles. It's not related to bios version as I had that on 0880, 0075 and one more.
It's just an advice to make copies of your best profiles ;)

Updated first post to include Overclockers review, and the latest official bios version. Special thanks Sgt_Velo for the update on the new official bios.

Not the official version of 0078 as far as we are aware, both have different release notes.

From how it looks, it appears that they are almost completely different developments/cycles. Shammy/Raja hasn't stated if either/both contain things that they other does/doesn't have.

0813 seems to be more stable for me, I have mine at 4.2g and needed .02 less voltage than 078. Also the set voltage is a lot higher, was using offset of - 0.05 now - 0.115

So a quick question... Hopefully somebody has tried it and can answer...

How is the MVG working on the older chips? 2500/2600/2700K?

Trying to decide if the MVG will fit the bill when I go to hammering on my 2600K again or if I need to look for an old MIVE non-Z.

It should work fine, has all the right settings... I don't have a chip to test it.

Also, I should mention in this thread that I had problems on one of these with coldbugs. Confirmed it was the board. I haven't heard of anyone else reporting similar issues.

I've already got another MVG on the way.

My M5G probably died yesterday. I'm not sure why :shrug:.
All that I get is about 1cm colorful bar on the top of the screen and d7 error. Sometimes screen is just black and sometimes it freezes on ROG welcome screen with the same bar on the top. Any ideas what can it be ?
-> D7 - No Console Input Devices are found ...

Last edited:
Back