Folding Profile

installing Another card with no SLI

Hi everyone,i've just assembled a new pc after 5 years of using a pentium 4 and overclocking the heck out of it for almost 2 months,even i've taken the reset. button wire and installed it on the reset bios jumper,for the kind of crashes i had.
    well i couldn't upgrade the video card for cash reasons,it's an XFX gt240 with 1gb ddr5.
    my new rig: Gigabyte z68xp-ud3r,Intel i7 2600k,8gb 4x2 kingstone hyperx 1600mhz,CM Scout case,CM V10 cpu cooler,Gigabyte 720w psu,and of course the lazy gt240..
    and i have a gefore nvidia 7300gt with 512mb ddr2 lying around,my question can i install this card and get any performance increase??
    p.s i want to overburn it maybe with soldering wires on it,after i install the old cpu fan on the 7300 gpu and maybe the rams.plzz hlp

Facist Mutterator
    Overclockers.com Editor
    First Responders

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Unless Im mistaking, quite simply No. I believe that card is too old to use for PhysX and you cannot run them together. About the only thing its good for is connecting more than 2 monitors.

Overburn? Overclock? That can be done by software, RivaTuner for a card that old. As far as volt modding (which is what I assume you mean by soldering wires to it) may be done. I would google "7300gt volt mods" and see what it comes back with:

http://forums.vr-zone.com/the-overcl...0-gs-vmod.html
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?p=2981643

Oh, welcome!

"We have more information and more ways of accessing it than ever, yet seem increasingly less inclined to do so."- Michael Wilbon

Folding Profile
    Thanks alotttt,that was very helpfull.i'm going for volt mod.